**** The Official Nokia 6 (2018) Thread ****

Soldato
Sign me up to the Nokia 7 Plus clan as well. Heard nothing but good things about the SD660 which isn't far off the top tier SOC of 2017.

Coupled with Android One updates and on paper a very good camera this is the Nokia device of 2018 until the Nokia 9 comes out.

At £349 it's a bargain and I will be putting in my preorder as soon as pissible.

Don
Is there no indication of Nokia 6 price anywhere yet?

Surely it has to be a £199 phone to compete with that sector of the market.

I think it will be ~£250, which would make it slightly more expensive than the Moto G5S Plus which is probably its nearest rival.

At that price still leaves enough of a gap to the Nokia 7 Plus which is rumored to be £350, with the existing £199 Nokia 6 and £399 Nokia 8 both being phased out I imagine.

Don
https://www.gsmarena.com/the_nokia_6_2018_is_coming_to_nl_soon_starting_at_279_euro-news-29982.php

279 Euro for the 32GB
299 Euro for the 64GB

So likely £249/£279.

Can't make up my mind what to get now - ideally wanted the new 6 but thought 4GB RAM would be standard (but it's only on the 64GB version), which then makes the Nokia 7 seem more attractive. However if spending that much, then I could get the current Nokia 8 in stock now :(

EDIT:
Annoyingly Nokia 8 has been discounted to £349 at CPW as well...

Last edited:
Associate
I've ordered one of these today, will post first impressions after I set it up. After reading the description, I'm hoping it will feel reminiscent of my old HTC One S in hand but with proper android updates... Also moving to android after 4 years of Windows will be a bit of a shock!

I have a Nokia 8, but how would I a) know, and b) use it for?

The Nokia 8 doesn't support it unfortunately (for me), it's a codec used for higher quality audio for bluetooth headphones, most good bluetooth headphones have aptX or now aptX HD.

It's annoying because the phone supports the codec natively, it's even there is the developers options but you can't select it, I'm presuming because they didn't pay for the aptX licensing, I was really hoping that the new Nokia phones supported it.

Back
Top Bottom