**** The Official Nokia 8 Thread ****

Associate
Anyways going off topic,

The battery life for me is like 10-15 hours or a day at most, this is with light use with the phone and the screen is off.

For me with a screen brightness of 29 per cent i see i can get about at most 6 to 8 hours of on screen time.

Battery is still decent but yeah.

p s i am no expert in testing the battery but i judged with my real time use/experience with the phone.

Dan.

Associate
Battery life is pretty good to be frank.

From 98% charge down to 21% it has lasted 9 hours and 5 minutes and 6h and 18 m screen time.

This phone would easily last you a day (15 hours at least for a full day) at the very least with light use whereas i use this phone to look at web browsing some youtube and other apps.

45006877_10156800391802375_1145398809258360832_n.jpg

Associate
This is definitely excellent value for money at £180. The only problem for some is that the models on tobydeals and eglobal are missing band 20 (800mhz) 4G. So those on O2 and vodafone may struggle for 4G. Other slight niggle is battery could be a bit bigger as its only 3090mah. What android OS does it run after updates? 8.0 or is it stuck at 7.1 as stated on eglobal?

I think john lewis had the phone at around 250. That would probably have band 20.

Soldato
This is definitely excellent value for money at £180. The only problem for some is that the models on tobydeals and eglobal are missing band 20 (800mhz) 4G. So those on O2 and vodafone may struggle for 4G. Other slight niggle is battery could be a bit bigger as its only 3090mah. What android OS does it run after updates? 8.0 or is it stuck at 7.1 as stated on eglobal?

I think john lewis had the phone at around 250. That would probably have band 20.

My polished blue HK model from TobyDeals has band 20, and is now on 8.1.

Battery is fine. Fully charged yesterday morning until lunch time today when it went below 15%, with more than 6 hours screen time.

Soldato
Got my Nokia 8 yesterday, been sorting out some apps in it which was bit troublesome but finally sorted now. It's the seemingly 'forgotten' model with 128 GB Memory and 6 GB Ram. :p Or so I assume since Nokia is not having it on their website together with the 64 GB version. Only found out about it through reviews, that on launch they were both sent out, so to speak. After having compared them they was more or less alike but the price on the 128 GB was cheaper then the 64 GB over here so picked that on. :cool:

Got a question for you that owns one, what kind of flip covers you using ? Been trying to search but can't seem to find any decent ones, although be buying one tomorrow to have some protection for the phone. Would love if there is a version where the cover around the phone is magnetic and so is the flip cover, so you can easily remove the flip part when at home. The covers for my previous phone, a Samsung 5, wasn't so the plastic holder for the phone kept breaking apart after some time.

4uizSCX.jpg

FjdosJT.jpg

Soldato
£220 @ JL with a 2 year warranty.

My 6.1 is dying both internally and externally, is this phone still a good choice or should I go for the slightly more expensive 7.1?

Soldato
£220 @ JL with a 2 year warranty.

My 6.1 is dying both internally and externally, is this phone still a good choice or should I go for the slightly more expensive 7.1?

Such a bargain, mine has been flawless even after it took a dunk in a pond 6 months ago. Screen is brilliant, camera not bad and performance is still spot on.

Something I don't often see mentioned is that because the soft keys are on a separate bar below the bottom the actual screen real estate is more akin to a 5.5+ in normal use.

Soldato
Such a bargain, mine has been flawless even after it took a dunk in a pond 6 months ago. Screen is brilliant, camera not bad and performance is still spot on.

Something I don't often see mentioned is that because the soft keys are on a separate bar below the bottom the actual screen real estate is more akin to a 5.5+ in normal use.

Cheers will order it tonight, can get another 5% off through work as well.

Soldato
I received my Nokia 8 for Christmas and am pretty happy with it so far. I've installed gcam and look forward to testing it out.

It's fast and the screen is really sharp. However, it's best feature is how it feels in hand. It's the perfect size for me and it feels like a quality device.

Back
Top Bottom