**********The 'Official' Nokia Lumia 1520 Thread*******;)

Man of Honour
d0gf.jpg

562c.png

Although the 920 thread appears to be more or less all things Lumia, I thought this is worth creating as it is a very different (read larger) handset and packs a punch. I'm not convinced there is much to test it yet in the windows store.

I have one on the way today so will update when in hand. I know there are a couple of other posters who have them already, so what do you think?

Dimensions
Height: 162.8 mm
Width: 85.4 mm
Thickness2: 8.7 mm
Weight: 209 g
Display and User Interface
Display size: 6 ''
Display resolution: Full HD (1920 x 1080)
Display features: Brightness control, Orientation sensor, High brightness mode, Refresh rate 60 Hz, Corning® Gorilla® Glass 2, Easy to clean, Nokia Glance screen, Lumia Color profile, Wide viewing angle, Sunlight readability enhancements
Display colors: TrueColor (24-bit/16M)
Aspect ratio: 16:9
Pixel density: 368 ppi
Display technology: ClearBlack, IPS LCD
Touch screen technology: Super sensitive touch
Sensors: Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity sensor, Magnetometer
Keys and Input Methods
User Input: Touch
Operating keys: Volume keys, Camera key, Power/Lock key
Form factor
Form factor: Monoblock touch
Hardware
Connectivity
SIM card type: Nano SIM
Charging connectors: Micro-USB
AV connectors: 3.5 mm audio connector
System connectors: Micro-USB-B
USB: USB 2.0
Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0
Bluetooth profiles: Object Push profile (OPP) 1.1, Hands-free profile (HFP) 1.5, Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) 1.2, Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) 1.4, Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP) 1.1, General Audio/Video Distribution Profile (GAVDP) 1.2
Wi-Fi: WLAN IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
WLAN Security: WPA2 (AES/TKIP), WPA, WPA-Personal, WEP, WPA2-Personal, WPA-Enterprise, WPA2-Enterprise, PEAP-MSCHAPv2, EAP-SIM, EAP-AKA
NFC: Secure NFC for payment, Sharing, Pairing, Tagging
Other wireless connectivity: Wi-Fi Channel bonding
Data Network
LTE network bands3: 1, 3, 7, 8, 20
LTE max data speed DL: 150 Mbps
LTE max data speed UL: 50 Mbps
WCDMA network: 850 MHz, 900 MHz, 1900 MHz, 2100 MHz
WCDMA max data speed DL: HSDPA - 42.2 Mbps
WCDMA max data speed UL: HSUPA - 5.76 Mbps
GSM network: 850 MHz, 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 1900 MHz
GSM max data speed DL: EGPRS 236.8 kbps
GSM max data speed UL: EGPRS 236.8 kbps
Power Management4
Battery: BV-4BW
Battery capacity: 3400 mAh
Battery voltage: 3.8 V
Removable battery: No
Maximum standby time: 32 days
Maximum talk time (2G): 27.4 h
Maximum talk time (3G): 25.1 h
Maximum music playback time: 124 h
Maximum video playback time: 10.8 h
Maximum Wi-Fi network browsing time: 13.6 h
Processor
Processor name: Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 800
Processor type: Quad-core 2.2 GHz Quad-core 2.2 GHz
Memory
User data storage: In device, Memory card, SkyDrive cloud storage
RAM: 2 GB
Mass memory: 32 GB
Expandable memory card type: MicroSD
Maximum memory card size: 64 GB
Free cloud storage: 7 GB

Main camera
Primary camera sensor size: 20 MP, PureView
Camera Focus Type: Auto focus with two-stage capture key
ZEISS optics: Yes
Sensor size: 1/2.5 inch
Main camera f-number/aperture: f/2.4
Camera focal length: 26 mm
Camera minimum focus range: 10 cm
Camera image formats: JPEG/Exif
Camera Flash Type: Dual LED flash
Flash operating range: 3.0 m
Flash modes: Off, Automatic, On

RSR

RSR

Soldato
It's got the official stars so that will make Fox happy.

Have you tried the RAW output from the camera yet?

Man of Honour
OP
[RXP]Andy;25626568 said:
It's got the official stars so that will make Fox happy.

Have you tried the RAW output from the camera yet?

Courier is in bound with it, so this thread is a bit pre-emptive. I am off to China tomorrow morning so as long as there are no courier shenanigans I will take some pics while there and try the raw output.

edit: Just had a message from my office, package has arrived. yay!

Last edited:
Soldato
I tried one of these out at the office the other day. It is an amazing bit of kit. I think the 20MP shooter on this is the best for colour reproduction out of the entire range. I just cannot get on with the size though, it is just too big (for me).

Caporegime
It would if every second thread didn't have asterisks in and it was difficult to distinguish things by the letters that made up their title, agreed.

Man of Honour
It would if every second thread didn't have asterisks in and it was difficult to distinguish things by the letters that made up their title, agreed.

for example a nexus 5 (not that you can even search "5" thread title, could mean anything, so no I don't agree at all.
It just makes it easy. You search a model, the one with Astrid will be the phone specs, pictures and general info and help. Making the forum far easier to use.

Man of Honour
OP
What is it with people shoving a million asterisks in a title and declaring their thread official?

did you notice the quotation marks and the wink?

Anyway, mine has arrived and it is a mother. Unhelpfully Voda have sent a micro not nano sim so just off to find a voda shop.

It is a lovely piece of kit in terms of build quality. The 920 looks mini next to it :p

Man of Honour
OP
Well so far I am liking it very much. It feels quite thin compared to the 920 but their is no denying its size. Just getting set up now. The installation was pretty slick in terms of my microsoft account backing up all my stuff from my 920 to this phone.

Man of Honour
OP
I haven't done a huge amount yet, but first impressions are extremely good. It fits in a trouser pocket well enough. It is significantly thinner than the 920 and whilst obviously large feels good in the hand. The screen is utterly brilliant.

I've only taken a couple of quick snaps but so far very impressed with camera.

Associate
I had two of these and I sold them both because ultimately they were too large.

Don't get me wrong amazing screen and fantastic specs but it just wasn't comfortable to use day to day for me. And it wasn't the size per se - it was the design. I also found it hard to sacrifice the 41MP 1020 camera for the 1520. I think that a 5 inch model will be perfect though. Fingers crossed for MWC.

Something which is even more obvious about the design now that I have a G Flex is the fact it's hard to hold. The G Flex is also 6 inches but the curve and no buttons on the side makes it fantastic to hold.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Any pics to compare this to say a Samsung galaxy s3 :D

I have an S3 and a 920 I can take pics with. Will try to get to that later.

Having had it just over a week, I am very impressed. I was travelling in China and used it pretty intensively. Battery is way better than the 920. I like the size. It is thin as compared to the 920 and actually pretty manageable.

Spinstorm, why 2? Surely after the first one you would have realised it was not for you. Seems odd.

Soldato
I've borrowed works test 1520 for today as i'm interest in buying one of these mostly for as a media device for the train.

So far i'm really impressed, the only draw back is the size, as a phone it's too big but for a media device it's awesome.

MW

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom