*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition - Last Orders ***

Good grief, you don't have to link an old story to tell me about how Diageo can conduct itself. :p That said, Hop House 13 is certainly not up to BrewDog standard, not even close. But it's still a lovely, highly drinkable beer. I'll chuck a bottle onto the prize pile.

That looks a great pint and one I'd happily try! :)

This probably won't be a popular post but I didn't really enjoy Brewdog Punk IPA. I found it very 'meh' and think there are much nicer IPAs out there.
I like Punk IPA but I also agree there are indeed many more better IPAs out there. As an everyday BrewDog beer, I much prefer their 5am Red Ale/Saint.

I agree, not great at all.

I hear a lot of people saying it isn't as good as it first was, but I never had it when they were small. Brewdog make a few good beers, special releases, but all their core range I can take or leave.
This is the thing, they no longer are small and with high demands compromises can happen. That said, I still enjoy their beer today as I did a few years ago when introduced to them by our very own Ahleckz.

I'm not keen on their standard fayre. Prefer the stronger stuff like Dog <insert letter), Cocoa Psycho and Tokyo.

The Jet Black Heart is the Oatmeal Stout Prototype I believe. Very nice.

Have an order to place tomorrow for more beers (Jet Black being some of them as well as Santa Paws), some might even get me some points should they qualify for entry.
Take the gamble.... ;)

Ballast Point grew to a super power in the US without any compromise on taste. They have just been sold for $1b though so we'll see how the new owners manage it, so far quite well.
Compromise is something ALL manufacturers never talk about. Quality and customer satisfaction are frequently stressed in company policies and advertising. It is something that quite rightly is driven and strived for, yet regardless, it isn't always achieved.

I have a few gambles lined up in my shopping basket so I'll make sure some cause headaches for you.
Excellent :)

just realized I have been sending all my entries in, in massive format. I'm sorry DJ please don't hate me i just send straight from my phone.

When I upload the images they all get converted to a set format. To date in the comp I've only had to manually reduce the size of a few before being able to upload. Not even sure they were yours :)

Back
Top Bottom