*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition - Last Orders ***

lego, I kept checking email for yourself and the Seabiscuits. Nothing was showing well after 8pm when I finished off compiling the results thread. IF your entry had been in, even after 8pm and results thread not posted, I'd most likely have included it.

lego, I kept checking email for yourself and the Seabiscuits. Nothing was showing well after 8pm when I finished off compiling the results thread. IF your entry had been in, even after 8pm and results thread not posted, I'd most likely have included it.

OK, seems a little harsh as others have been accepted and mine was only about 12 minutes late. Not to worry though.

OK, seems a little harsh as others have been accepted and mine was only about 12 minutes late. Not to worry though.

In the past. Any that have been allowed are always late entries where the results thread is posted at a later date ie. the following day, prior notice on late entry has been given or the email was sent on time but didn't make it (Russ).

I feel your pain, mate :( But you know there is a full week to enter and leaving it till the very last minute always runs a risk. Sorry, but I feel this is fair rather than harsh.

It's cool, just feel a bit hard done by perhaps the 8pm cut off should be for every week so it's the same for everyone and not the few selected out.

Sometimes I'm working and unable (next week will be an example) to post the results until Sunday. This means 'sometimes' people have the possibility of a slight late entry. It applies to ALL. When I'm off, it allows me to compile the results (like today) early and then post them for everyone. Leaving it till the last minute always carries a risk, one with next to no gain.

Put it another way. If the results thread was posted and someone who entered on time and sitting with 5 points, then clashed with someone else who entered late.... They would feel very hard done by.

I honestly do not like letting anyone down, but I feel this is disappointing yet fair.

Sometimes I'm working and unable (next week will be an example) to post the results until Sunday. This means 'sometimes' people have the possibility of a slight late entry. It applies to ALL. When I'm off, it allows me to compile the results (like today) early and then post them for everyone. Leaving it till the last minute always carries a risk, one with next to no gain.

Put it another way. If the results thread was posted and someone who entered on time and sitting with 5 points, then clashed with someone else who entered late.... They would feel very hard done by.

I honestly do not like letting anyone down, but I feel this is disappointing yet fair.

It's fine, just annoying for me as on another week this could have been a vaild entry. Shame as it takes me out of the running.

Well I'm just off on holiday for a week, I wasn't able to get my Q beer on Friday so I'm going to have to take alternative action this week to get it. I've got a couple of reserve options but I know exactly what I want and I hope I can find it.

I consider this a good excuse to visit some pubs :D

Noticed the leaderboard was updated. :)

I'm guessing the rule now is if you get your entry at least one minute before the results are posted, it is valid, rather than the 8 o'clock cut off?

Back
Top Bottom