*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition - Last Orders ***

Had an interesting coffee beer from a local brewery down here - Dark Star http://www.darkstarbrewing.co.uk/beers/espresso

Not a bad beer - not as intensely coffee or chocolate as some of the porters I've tried recently, and not overpowering the beer taste.

I'd never heard of the brewery before the chap in the shop recommended them. I'll look out for some of the others too. I did also try their Hophead and was a little disappointed. It is a clean, crisp drink as advertised, but I think I've become used to far more strongly hopped beers of late and it just felt a bit bland.

I had this on Friday. Trillium are a new brewery in Boston that people are going mental for.

My mate sent me a box of 12 (8 different beers), which is quite mad considering people local to the brewery only get 2 or 3 bottles at a time.

It is one of the best rated beers in the world and is probably the best beer I have ever had. Was stupidly good. At 6.6%, I don't really class that as a pale ale, more of an IPA!

26677687131_be33c6ef1a_c.jpg

Thanks DJ. Looking forward to next week now - I've had my entry planned and photographed a while in advance (as I did for a good few rounds) and this is one I've not changed my mind about at all once I did it. I think it'll be a tough round (but maybe not as tough as the week after).

Back
Top Bottom