The Official OCuK 'Fast & the Furious: Tokyo Drift' Thread!

Associate
Tokyo Drift is brilliant!

If you go expecting it to have a very bad story you will enjoy it! :D
Some lovely metal in the film, if you like skylines and silvia's there are plenty.

Soldato
Went to see it yesterday (it was raining).

Predictably dire storyline with crap acting, but it is really nicely shot, makes you want to get on the next plane to Tokyo. Cars are pretty nice with some good chase scenes. Definitely better than the second one.

Soldato
Zip said:
No and no.

Owell nothing i like then so no need to go see it :p

Edit: May i just say Skylines and Silvias are over rated.

/runs

Why you ........grrrrrrr ;) . In what way are Silivias over rated ??? Over here they are virtually anonymus and filthy cheap. Otherwise they are a cult car for drifting in which they are very well suited and thats about it. :confused:

As for the Skyline I have never been in one to know whether they are or not but they sure as hell kicked the aussies butts in their racing series that they changed the rules to exclude them, so they cant be that bad :p

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
flat-6 said:
Went to see it yesterday (it was raining).

Predictably dire storyline with crap acting, but it is really nicely shot, makes you want to get on the next plane to Tokyo. Cars are pretty nice with some good chase scenes. Definitely better than the second one.

I saw it on saturday, I have posted my thoughts here:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17589262

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Bear said:
Why you ........grrrrrrr ;) . In what way are Silivias over rated ??? Over here they are virtually anonymus and filthy cheap. Otherwise they are a cult car for drifting in which they are very well suited and thats about it. :confused:

As for the Skyline I have never been in one to know whether they are or not but they sure as hell kicked the aussies butts in their racing series that they changed the rules to exclude them, so they cant be that bad :p

Holdens and Fords are over rated-FACT!!! :)

Soldato
the second one made me laff so much. its just the hollywood touch... soooooo over the top.
so they have a part of the film where they are playing poker. they dont do the usual "oh no - my trips have been beaten by a straight or a full house".... oh no.... they do the "wow... my quad 9s have been beaten by a royal flush" and the guy shows it in a this-isnt-the-first-time kinda fashion.

When me and my flat mates saw the advert.... well it was amazingment that it got commissioned. straight to vid material for sure.

Soldato
gonna have every spaz and their dog down mcdonalds trying to 'drift' looking forward to see a spate of hilarious wrecked car posts

Soldato
Zip said:
Holdens and Fords are over rated-FACT!!! :)

Well you didnt really answer the question at all did you :p I dont know anything about Holdens but I thought the Monaro was pretty good car. I dont think Fords are over rated TBH, well not over here at least. Over here they are a large manufacturer that makes cheapish to middle of the range cars nothing more, nothing less.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Bear said:
Well you didnt really answer the question at all did you :p I dont know anything about Holdens but I thought the Monaro was pretty good car. I dont think Fords are over rated TBH, well not over here at least. Over here they are a large manufacturer that makes cheapish to middle of the range cars nothing more, nothing less.

Fords, i mean are Falcons and Australian built.

I should have just said Australian cars a over rated. It would have come across easyer :p
And just so you know a mini cooper once won that race ;)

Soldato
It will be a crap film with crapper riced up cars. I like Jap cars, but not with all the shizzle they put on them like the decals, spoilers, chromed wheels, etc.

Soldato
Chris1712 said:
My face after viewing the trailer...

what5ac.jpg

Never the less, i will see it and probably enjoy it! The first one, imo is actually lush. The 2nd one was hilariously poor, but i'm really looking forward to some of the cars in the third one. The fortune rx-7 is just tasty!

That looks a little like fox dont you agree? Fox whats your opinion kido

Back
Top Bottom