***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Associate
Did I miss the detailed announcement on this new ideas pirates set due 01 April? Pirate Ship + Island and the pirate ship separates to create a massive island play set.

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/pirates-of-barracuda-bay-21322

There hasn't been an ideas email go out about it yet, which is odd as it's all over the fan pages. I suspect it's to stop people complaining they can't pre order with thendouble points. As I asked but they informed me they don't do preorders. Which was a lie as the new Star Wars helmets allow it...

It does look very nice though, I just ordered the ISS and Dinosaur Bones. So this will be the next purchase :)

Soldato
There hasn't been an ideas email go out about it yet, which is odd as it's all over the fan pages. I suspect it's to stop people complaining they can't pre order with thendouble points. As I asked but they informed me they don't do preorders. Which was a lie as the new Star Wars helmets allow it...

It does look very nice though, I just ordered the ISS and Dinosaur Bones. So this will be the next purchase :)

Yer, I just watched a few reviews and I will be buying. Good point on the double points re no pre order. No idea on order time yet, assuming 00:01 on 01/04.

Wonder if they are doing freebies with it like the batmobile so are holding back info too.

Soldato
The new pirate set is brilliant. If a tad expensive really.

It costs £150-180 for a new brick bounty now (2014 ish) release and £250-£500 for the original barracuda 6285 set. This seems pretty reasonable and no doubt once the main stores like JL get it we will see 10-20% unless it is wholly exclusive indefinitely.

I'm buying at launch hopefully.

Here is one of my original catalogue pages on pirates to build some hype. Those lego dioramas....

u4QmndY.jpg

Soldato
I recently found the Governor's Sea Hawk at my mum's house from 1989. It was mostly complete, missing about 10% of the small pieces but luckily still had all the sails and flags and the soldiers unique to that set.

Sits in my living room now

Caporegime
It costs £150-180 for a new brick bounty now (2014 ish) release and £250-£500 for the original barracuda 6285 set. This seems pretty reasonable and no doubt once the main stores like JL get it we will see 10-20% unless it is wholly exclusive indefinitely.

I'm buying at launch hopefully.

Here is one of my original catalogue pages on pirates to build some hype. Those lego dioramas....

u4QmndY.jpg

I had 6273 !

Back
Top Bottom