***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Associate
I want to pick up The Simpsons lego house, unopened if possible as it will be a Christmas present. Being discontinued is Ebay my best bet? I'm a little worried about fakes due to the price, is this an issue I need to try and avoid?

Soldato
Thank you :)

The average selling price is circa 275-375£ on ebay, uk seller.

Bricklink is more expensive from what I could see and no uk sellers so shipping and duties too.

Just buy new from a uk seller on ebay, very low risk on something like this.

Super cheap / Chinese supplied may be fake but it would be obvious. I'm not aware of lego fakes that use the lego branding on the boxes (same box art yes but own logo not Lego's) nor do they emboss each of the parts with the lego name.

Associate
The average selling price is circa 275-375£ on ebay, uk seller.

Bricklink is more expensive from what I could see and no uk sellers so shipping and duties too.

Just buy new from a uk seller on ebay, very low risk on something like this.

Super cheap / Chinese supplied may be fake but it would be obvious. I'm not aware of lego fakes that use the lego branding on the boxes (same box art yes but own logo not Lego's) nor do they emboss each of the parts with the lego name.

I noticed there were no UK sellers on bricklink, it's reassuring that even Ebay will be low risk for this kind of item, it's for my daughter for Christmas so I just want to make sure she won't be disappointed! Appreciate the reply.

Soldato
I'm looking at getting the batwing for me and diagon alley for the mrs (the big one). What are the chances that either of these will get a black Friday discount? I can only find diagon alley direct from lego, not sure if it's an exclusive.

Soldato
Lego.com Black Friday deals are normally woefully poor. There may be one desirable set discounted, the rest will be stuff that isn’t shifting well. There may be some discounts of the stuff that is retiring soon.

The level of discount is normally pretty small too.

Soldato
I'm looking at getting the batwing for me and diagon alley for the mrs (the big one). What are the chances that either of these will get a black Friday discount? I can only find diagon alley direct from lego, not sure if it's an exclusive.

I understand there may be some more decent harry potter specific freebies coming soon from speaking with my local lego store last week. Diagon Alley is a lego store exclusive and it would be a big expectation for it to be discounted. Black Friday usually discounts a few discontinued / retiring sets that are still hanging around, sometimes double vip points and an extra gift with purchase with lower min purchase thresholds.

The Batwing is available in other stores like Smyths so may be discounted.

I note John Lewis has the spend and save on lego again. £15 off £85, £40 off £200.

Sainsburys no doubt including Argos, have their pre Christmas toy sale soon too.

Soldato
I understand there may be some more decent harry potter specific freebies coming soon from speaking with my local lego store last week. Diagon Alley is a lego store exclusive and it would be a big expectation for it to be discounted. Black Friday usually discounts a few discontinued / retiring sets that are still hanging around, sometimes double vip points and an extra gift with purchase with lower min purchase thresholds.

The Batwing is available in other stores like Smyths so may be discounted.

I note John Lewis has the spend and save on lego again. £15 off £85, £40 off £200.

Sainsburys no doubt including Argos, have their pre Christmas toy sale soon too.
Sorry I realise batwing isn't exclusive, I've had good deals from smyths, think I got the Falcon for 500 or so:eek:.

Associate
How reliable is this "hard to find" status they put on? Is it always rubbish? I don't want to miss out on the Shuttle but don't really want to buy it right now. I swear the Saturn V was "hard to find" 2 years ago and it's still there now.

Caporegime
How reliable is this "hard to find" status they put on? Is it always rubbish? I don't want to miss out on the Shuttle but don't really want to buy it right now. I swear the Saturn V was "hard to find" 2 years ago and it's still there now.

It doesn't refer to how long it'll be available for but rather that it's only available via limited outlets.

Back
Top Bottom