***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Soldato
Which Lego sets are you guys thinking of buying next ? :)
Technic 42130 BMW M 1000 RR
Creator Expert 10290 Pickup Truck
Plus there's loads of alt brand sets that really interest me.

Although still got the following to build:-

Creator Expert 10283 NASA Space Shuttle (just started)
Creator Expert 10274 Ecto-1
Technic 1840 6x6 Volvo Articulated Hauler
and I think there's also a few alt brand sets unbuilt

Soldato
In my last post should have linked the review:
https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09...8d6/post/bc3a9a6a-b25b-4089-b524-bfc1dcd76bd5

I’d love Eagle 5 and Spot to win.

Can't see any of those getting made other than women of computing or the outer solar system explorers.

Most of them are already similar to existing sets, themes or have been from IP that been rejected multiple times.

The spot could be interesting, I don't think they have made a technic ideas set yet, the issue is that it loos very big and well expensive due to all the power functions!

Soldato
Anyone been to Legoland Windsor and stayed in their hotels for a couple of nights?

Thinking of taking the family there in July. Was wondering a) is it worth it b) is it an overcrowded hell hole and c) There seems to be deals and vouchers floating about the net but hard to pin down exactly what the offers are.

Any help/opinions would be great.

Soldato
I'm decided, Millennium Falcon UCS and GT3 is getting sold, just sat gathering dust and unlikely to ever rebuild, MF is also a huge space hog.

Apart from the obvious, where else to sell these, had someone mentioned Bricklink? Anywhere else?

Soldato
Anyone been to Legoland Windsor and stayed in their hotels for a couple of nights?

Thinking of taking the family there in July. Was wondering a) is it worth it b) is it an overcrowded hell hole and c) There seems to be deals and vouchers floating about the net but hard to pin down exactly what the offers are.

We went for a couple of days last year as our main holiday (we live near Hull so a reasonable trip). All 4 of us enjoyed it, we staying in a ninjas room and ate at the hotel both days.

Find at the hotel was not cheap (although that might be typical southerner prices:p), but it was a 3 course meal for each of us and its right next to the park. I'd recommend getting the middle tier fast pass as we went in August so it was busy and a guy I work with went a week later and made the mistake of not doing that. When talking to him we must have gone on maybe 20 rides in the 2 days and I think he managed 5 or 6 in 1 day, well worth it imo if you have kids. My daughter went on the skylion twice, which if your in the hotel you can get to earlier but it fills up fast, we went on it first thing and after we finished the ride the queue was 1.5 hours:eek:.

Anything else that I could help with, we just figured obviously there's a premium for staying in the hotel, but with kids it's just do much less hassle, you basically go straight from your room to the park then grab tea on the way back.

Soldato

We stayed one night in the local premier inn and one night in the park hotel a few years ago. Staying the hotel was good but obviously expensive and the food like all over the park was expensive and borderline inedible. The kids loved it though and I’m glad we did it.

We went back this summer and stayed in the local premier inn for two nights it was way cheaper and the food was great we also took a pack lunch as the restaurants in the park are over priced, busy and the food rank! I wouldn’t stay in the hotels again maybe down to the price and food I can put up with being ripped off but if your breakfast is worse than a premier inn then you need to seriously re-evaluate your business.

Soldato
We stayed one night in the local premier inn and one night in the park hotel a few years ago. Staying the hotel was good but obviously expensive and the food like all over the park was expensive and borderline inedible. The kids loved it though and I’m glad we did it.

We went back this summer and stayed in the local premier inn for two nights it was way cheaper and the food was great we also took a pack lunch as the restaurants in the park are over priced, busy and the food rank! I wouldn’t stay in the hotels again maybe down to the price and food I can put up with being ripped off but if your breakfast is worse than a premier inn then you need to seriously re-evaluate your business.
They must have improved as last year it was pretty good.

Soldato
They must have improved as last year it was pretty good.
Maybe my letter of complaint didn’t fall on death ears then! We ate in the pirates burger place and it was awful then we had dinner in the hotel which was literally inedible followed the next day by a breakfast which was among the worst I’ve had anywhere in the world! Glad they have improved but I’m not trying it again!

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Just finished the Fiat 500 with my 6-year-old. Total meh build and meh car.
Dunno why I bothered buying it; I thought it was meh the moment I saw it. Didn't pay RRP but still, meh.

I reckon the easel is the coolest part :D

Back
Top Bottom