1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**** The Official OnePlus 3 Thread ****

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by neil_g, 19 May 2016.

1. neil_g

Capodecina

Has anyone else had issues with cerberus since the update to nougat?

Keep getting email warnings that my op3 hasn't contacted their servers for 2 weeks.

Wondering if it's ram or battery management?

2. Kainz

Capodecina

I recently updated my wife's OP3 thinking it was a minor update. Ended up with flamin Nougat as a result. I've also noticed the exact same as yourself regarding Cerberus so you're not alone. I haven't yet looked online for solutions yet. Glad you mentioned it.

It's disabled in the Aggressive Doze section and the location settings are on High Accuracy yet it still makes no difference. I'll try looking at the cerberus app settings later to see if anything I'm there can help. It'd been a long time since I looked!

3. neil_g

Capodecina

the weird screen waking randomly with no notifications issue is back too. and when it does wake for a notification it says on for ages. screen takes ages to lock on no activity too. email slow to sync/not at all.

bit of a buggy update.

4. Kainz

Capodecina

Think I've fixed it by just uninstalling and reinstalling. I can now use her phone and dial 23723787 (this wasn't working previously) which will launch the app even if it's hidden in the app drawer. It also shows up on the web interface too.

5. ebilcake

Wise Guy

It's a shame they stopped selling these, still a better buy than the OnePlus 3T imo, at £329.

At £429 I don't think OnePlus 3T was worth considering, I only only spent £309 on the OnePlus 3.

6. kona786

Capodecina

You can't blame then for actually wanting to make a profit.

7. The__Malteser

Soldato

The price hike was mostly the rate of exchange. It is €40 more anywhere else. I'm sure they are making enough profit.

8. DanielSon

Gangster

I'm the same, got the OnePlus 3 I think the first 2 weeks it was shipping to the UK for £309. been a v good phone and bloody good value for money given what has happens to the exchange rate and market now! running nougat since early Jan and cant fault it for what i need. good battery life and fast at everything i ask of it.

9. kona786

Capodecina

Care to put a figure on the net profit per handset?

10. ebilcake

Wise Guy

I wasn't blaming anyone, go away.

11. The__Malteser

Soldato

Why should I? Back when the OPO was around the OP CEO said that they made profit. Since then the price increased by around $100 and sales increased. Plus I'm not sure why you are asking this question lol. They are charging the rest of the world €40/$40 for a better battery, a better front camera and some new colors. I think the price hike is fair. The price hike in the UK is much more than €40/$40 because you are comparing something pre- and post- brexit. Post-Brexit everything is much more expensive in relation tot eh European counter part. Also not sure why you are asking for the exact profit margins. If they were losing money they would stop doing business, not launch 3/4 other versions.

12. kona786

Capodecina

13. Tuppy_Glossop

Mobster

Lost mine yesterday :( No way to block IMEI according to Oneplus support. Network won't do it because they didn't supply the phone and their system doesn't have it.

14. unKle

Wise Guy

Looks like mine is going back for repair, plugged in to charge last night and the connector wouldn't go all the way in. Had a quick look inside the port to see if anything was amiss, all looked fine. Looked again today with daylight for help and it looks as though a part of the mechanism that allows the connector to 'snap in' has come adrift and blocking it from going all the way home, anyone else had this?

15. Scottland

Capodecina

Has anyone had an issue with GPS dropping out? I was on Beta 12, but also getting the same thing with the latest stable release. After random periods during using a nav app, gps drops out completely needing a reboot.

16. neil_g

Capodecina

17. kona786

Capodecina

In what way? Dpi?

18. neil_g

Capodecina

Yeah everything seems smaller any my icons are spaced further apart.

19. "andy"

Capodecina

Just used a german VPN to download it. Same as the last update.

Still happy with this phone

20. loltim

Capodecina

Yes. GPS has always been dire on this phone. It doesn't necessarily drop out for me - its just inaccurate.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/fix-the-horrible-gps.465819/