*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Looks like I might be having problems with my PS4, was just playing through Alien and it was failing to load certain parts of the screen, they just remained black. I restarted and it was fine from then on so I guess it could have been the game but my fear is its the graphics card in the PS4. :(

Its the game mate, mine did it on xbox one too.

Is anyone else still unable to upload anything to YouTube or even sign into the YouTube app? I'm getting constant error messages.

I was getting errors when uploading to YT, but actually found afterwards that my video had in fact gone up.

Had no actual sign in issues though.

Did have my first Rest Mode issue last night though where it just stayed on with a blinking orange light.

I haven't tried the rest mode yet and judging by the posts in this thread I am glad I haven't.

Since having resume issues on my Xbone I have a tendency to turn them off now rather than leaving them in standby.

I got home from Work yesterday after I had the issue with rest mode anyway I put it back in rest and went to work, got home and it was silent and booted up First time. It's abit strange as it's clearly not all the time. However I switched it completely off last night.

Weird mines been in rest mode since the update and been fine BUT soon after the update it did just die for no apparent reason which eventually switched on a few minutes later and rebuilt the database.

I've heard people having better luck with rest mode after manually rebuilding it too...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Shareplay works quite nicely, a little disappointed that Minecraft doesn't appear to work with it though. Been wanting to show my mate what the fuss with it was as he's thinking of buying it

You could do a Twitch broadcast via the PS4 and let him watch it that way instead perhaps. Shame Minecraft doesn't support Shareplay yet though.

Had a thought earlier; Sony need to release a PS2-style theme for the PS4, complete with the swirly orbs in the background and that ethereal ocean-like background sound. It would be amazing.

Last edited:
You could do a Twitch broadcast via the PS4 and let him watch it that way instead perhaps. Shame Minecraft doesn't support Shareplay yet though.

Yeah could do, but actually wanted him to have a play as watching doesn't really give you the same sense of immersion (if that makes sense)

I think he's going to get it anyway. As he's got a PS3, Vita & a PS4 is there still a mechanism in place to buy the PS3 version, get the cross play with the vita & then upgrade to the PS4 version for £3?

Anyone know when driveclub update was released as I just turned my ps4 on and it started downloading update for it despite me having the ps4 in rest mode since Tuesday with all the settings to allow auto downloads.

Maybe the update is recent or rest mode is bugged.

Back
Top Bottom