*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

What the hell is going on at Sony? :confused:

http://www.videogamer.com/news/alleged_psn_security_hack_allows_unauthorised_access_to_customer_data_report_claims.html

Alleged PSN security hack 'allows unauthorised access to customer data', report claims
Major security exploit in Sony's support site allegedly discovered by IT expert.

An alleged vulnerability in Sony's PlayStation Network that allows unauthorised access to private customer data has been discovered by an IT security expert, according to a report posted on German tech website Golem.de.

The site (translated via Google) claims that an "SQL injection vulnerability" on Sony's support site grants users unauthorised access to the data by manipulating a URL request.

The exploit was allegedly reported to Sony two weeks ago.

If true, the discovery could prove to be another major security flaw in Sony's network. Back in 2011, the personal details of approximately 77 million PSN users were believed to have been stolen following an "illegal and unauthorized intrusion" into Sony's network.

The hack led to the network being taken offline for 24 days and the company being fined.

VideoGamer.com has contacted SCEE for comment.

Hmm, looking at the PS app to add some new friends, it says that a friend request will be treated as a Real Name Request, so any new friends I make now will know my real name. Who thinks that's a good idea?

Edit: the app also lets you create a friend request link, which would be quite useful for adding people from forums like this one. I just tried it though and the link it generated was broken /sigh.

Last edited:
Hmm, looking at the PS app to add some new friends, it says that a friend request will be treated as a Real Name Request, so any new friends I make now will know my real name. Who thinks that's a good idea?

Edit: the app also lets you create a friend request link, which would be quite useful for adding people from forums like this one. I just tried it though and the link it generated was broken /sigh.

I gave up trying to understand the new real name privacy settings so I changed my "real" name on PSN to my gamertag with "PSN" as my last name. That works for me as I now have no issue with people knowing my details.

Hi

I have a Creative Fatal1ty Gaming headset non usb version they just have two stereo jacks one for mic and one for sound would these work with the ps4 if i got a stereo adapter splitter cable ?

Hi

I have a Creative Fatal1ty Gaming headset non usb version they just have two stereo jacks one for mic and one for sound would these work with the ps4 if i got a stereo adapter splitter cable ?

Yes, provided its stereo, one for the Mic and one for the headphones it'll work just fine as I use my pc330game headset on both my pc and my ps4.

works great.

Not impressed with this patch so far. Had mine in rest mode last night downloading a game patch. It randomly turned off or crashed about 3 times in a row before I managed to get it to turn back on and boot up.

Installed the themes from the PS store just now and selected one, and the system crashed instantly.

Jesus christ. Did they do any testing at all? This is absolutely terrible.

There's a setting in Power options I think that you have to enable so it can access the internet whilst in rest mode. For some reason this recent update disabled it (Was enabled before patch).

Been using YouTube fine, I did unlink my psn account with Google and tried again when I got the unable to connect error I got yesterday.. so maybe try this..

had more fun on my ps4 tonight then night before. hope Sony doesn't screw this machine up as so far this has been a terrific start for a games machine for me. the only other machines I've been itching to turn on and play before the ps4 is a ps1 and a dreamcast and it was such a shame to see the dream cast die so quickly...

with all the negative news of late with Sony. they haven't had the best of months recently. and with drive club and now bugs in the new firmware, and with psn upsetting a load of folks... Well. anyhow, hopefully cod aw doesn't turn psn to cheese when launched..

Youtube worked fine, just tried rest mode again and i had to unplug it rubbish! Rebooted and put back in rest again and its fine.. seems the first time you put it in rest mode it does this maybe its when you;ve played a game? but the second time you put it in rest after boot its fine.

Last edited:
Youtube worked fine, just tried rest mode again and i had to unplug it rubbish! Rebooted and put back in rest again and its fine.. seems the first time you put it in rest mode it does this maybe its when you;ve played a game? but the second time you put it in rest after boot its fine.

I've had mixed results with rest mode, decided until Sony issue a stability fix for firmware 2 0 then won't use the mode again....

Back
Top Bottom