*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Just to throw a spanner in the works. The Evolve Alpha test has now been delayed due to the 2.0 update not being compatible with it. The Xbone users are having a field day over on some of the sites like IGN etc :D http://evolvegame.com/news/big-alpha-important-news-for-ps4-players

At the moment I am still gunning for the PS4 and I'm sure it will all be fine soon enough..it is getting annoying though.

Developers will have had firmware 2.0 for months along with test servers running said firmware.

Make of that what you will.

Probably the biggest problem with psn and ps4 is its a bit like a good fish n chip shop on Friday evenings after everyone has finished work. you know the chips are good, but you end up in a long queue and think, wow this shop needs more staff..

thing is. the chips are selling well and are fresh cooked. yet go to the same chippy when it's less busy and you get your chips quicker and think wow that was quick.. sadly chips are older and not as fresh.

sometimes, quicker isn't better : -)

but no, there are a lot of new ps4 owners, and the sear number of requests has grown, and Sony are maybe struggling to service the demand.. now take the chippy. everyone says great chips, so business increases but sadly they can't cook enough chips, meaning disappointed customers. it must be a real nightmare for the Sony psn team..

they themselves didn't expect the number of sales they have had.. I reckon it'll come good, but as I said early on,time will tell.

Probably the biggest problem with psn and ps4 is its a bit like a good fish n chip shop on Friday evenings after everyone has finished work. you know the chips are good, but you end up in a long queue and think, wow this shop needs more staff..

thing is. the chips are selling well and are fresh cooked. yet go to the same chippy when it's less busy and you get your chips quicker and think wow that was quick.. sadly chips are older and not as fresh.

sometimes, quicker isn't better : -)

but no, there are a lot of new ps4 owners, and the sear number of requests has grown, and Sony are maybe struggling to service the demand.. now take the chippy. everyone says great chips, so business increases but sadly they can't cook enough chips, meaning disappointed customers. it must be a real nightmare for the Sony psn team..

they themselves didn't expect the number of sales they have had.. I reckon it'll come good, but as I said early on,time will tell.

Not convinced on that analogy mate but if this article is anything to go by it's easy to see why Sony is struggling to keep up with demand and MS appear to be doing better :

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/...th-at-least-65-percent-of-two-console-market/

I read that early today and it was an interesting read... they have if the article is accurate quite a large share in the console space at the moment...

It's accurate, it's based on the latest quarterly reports from all 3 companies, the reason the XB1 sales aren't as accurate as the other 2 is because Microsoft lumped the XB1 and 360 sales in together, so people are having to make an educated guess on the XB1 sales.

The PS4 is actually tracking to do as well as the Wii in it's first year which is very good, the Wii was supply constrained at the time though so would have sold better if they had more.

Sony also reported they have 7.9 million PS+ subs also.

I still think they weren't quite prepared for the PS4 to sell as well as it has.

You're going to sell the Xbox after a week because of one network problem?

Yeah mate the main reason i bought it for... lol

How stupid.:confused:

:rolleyes:

His choice, sometimes you get buyer remorse. it happens. what it's upsetting you that he's decided to stick with his ps4 and ditch the x1?

If he doesn't want it, sell it now before the x1 drops further in price, x1 aren't well known for holding their price..

Yeah shame really lol

All I'll say is, don't believe everything you read on the internet.

When companies like Sony lie on quarterly reports the person who lies and/or the people who order them to lie get fined or go to jail. A random PR guy for Sony doing an interview with Total Biscuit says they've outsold the XO by 50million in one quarter, you take that with a pinch of salt. When companies on the stock market who have a legal liability to tell the truth in reports say "we've sold 13.5million ps4's" you can pretty much count on the fact that they've sold 13.5million PS4's.

Tesco's recently fired several director level people for fudging their legally released numbers, and Tesco's and those people are now being investigated in a very serious way with pretty severe potential consequences. It does prove these guys do lie, sometimes, but more often than not they don't.

When MS have a product selling like crap... they go into spin overdrive and hide numbers like crazy, Surface, Windows 7/8, it's not new. When something sells well they are self congratulatory, when something doesn't sell well they go into number obscuring mode.

We have an upper limit on XO sales, which is only about 1-1.5mil more than they've estimated and would require no 360 sales which is extremely unlikely. That they are bundling the numbers, obscuring the real sales I think it's not out of line to assume the sales aren't great.

Things look even worse in general when you factor in the sales since people knew about the differences. Most users saw the specs and didn't know what they were looking at and even those that did(the minority) couldn't be sure the PS4 wouldn't just crash constantly, have a crap API and be 30% slower than it is, or that dev's wouldn't just make a single res/framerate and stick with it. The launch buyers(around 2mil each in the first batches) bought almost entirely on pre-order and with very little first hand knowledge available.

Sales since then are based mostly on reviews, reviewers experience/comparisons of consoles, comparisons of multiplatform titles, etc.

Since we've had broad knowledge of both consoles MS has sold effectively 4.5mil while Sony has sold 11.5mil or over two and a half times as many consoles.

When companies like Sony lie on quarterly reports the person who lies and/or the people who order them to lie get fined or go to jail. A random PR guy for Sony doing an interview with Total Biscuit says they've outsold the XO by 50million in one quarter, you take that with a pinch of salt. When companies on the stock market who have a legal liability to tell the truth in reports say "we've sold 13.5million ps4's" you can pretty much count on the fact that they've sold 13.5million PS4's.

My (admittedly vague) post wasn't disagreeing with the general just, or all figures, it's quite clear who is outselling who.

Regarding the PS4 Controller Thumb stick problems.

I got the mega pack from Game on launch and one controller is fine the other is starting peel. The one that is peeling also seems to be showing heavy wear on the serial sticker at the back. Both controller get the same use

Has there been any reported problems with the colored pads? A I quite fancy the camo one.

Was there an bad batch of controllers at launch?

Back
Top Bottom