*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Just tried to put mine in rest mode and just had a flashing Amber light with nothing happening. I unplugged and it did the disk check and now just boots to a frozen background that freezes after a few seconds. If I turn it off it does the same again, disk check then frozen background.....

:mad:

Turn it off, press the power button for as long as it takes to get two beeps. then connect a ds4 via usb. select option 5 to rebuild database, if that fails use option 3 to reload the firmware, then once it's working don't use rest mode, mine is buggered in rest mode as well... hopefully stability fixes incoming soon from Sony..

Sony need to start a preview program for firmware updates much the same as ms do ..

Just got myself a PS4 with killzone (second hand) and the last of us (new) from amazon. Console and the last of us comes tomorrow (sunday delivery woop!) but is there anything I should know to get started with it?

Just got myself a PS4 with killzone (second hand) and the last of us (new) from amazon. Console and the last of us comes tomorrow (sunday delivery woop!) but is there anything I should know to get started with it?

yes don't use rest mode if you update to firmware 2.0 and if you what to play online you'll need a ps4+ accounti. wait till Sony issues a fix on rest mode

loads of games, but depends on what you like...

Turn it off, press the power button for as long as it takes to get two beeps. then connect a ds4 via usb. select option 5 to rebuild database, if that fails use option 3 to reload the firmware, then once it's working don't use rest mode, mine is buggered in rest mode as well... hopefully stability fixes incoming soon from Sony..

Sony need to start a preview program for firmware updates much the same as ms do ..

It's working again now after a rebuild. Rest mode is now borked even though it had been working fine until today.

Just glad it's working again didn't really fancy swapping it again so soon.

Bar rest mode bugs, 2.0 is much better.

Just noticed a new feature I think from this update.

You can now join friends game sessions from friends menu, labelled in game sessions. Nice feature to join fireteams in destiny. it might of already been added but I think they have made it more visible in the menus.

Just checking out some bundles for my daughter for Xmas.
Game has one for PlayStation 4 with CoD: Advanced Warfare Day Zero, The Last of Us Remastered download, Destiny + Vanguard and PS+ 12 Months.

Is the game download linked to the bundle console or can I pinch it for myself.

yes don't use rest mode if you update to firmware 2.0 and if you what to play online you'll need a ps4+ accounti. wait till Sony issues a fix on rest mode

loads of games, but depends on what you like...

Noted. I guess rest mode is similar to the xbox one "instant on" mode?

Any good downloadable games worth getting? Any news on backwards compatibility yet?

Any good downloadable games worth getting? Any news on backwards compatibility yet?

Well it's not really instant, it's there so it stays connected to the net to download updates and games and stuff. But Sony are hopefully integrating a game suspend/pause mode which should then perhaps speed up the rest mode feature.

Well it's not really instant, it's there so it stays connected to the net to download updates and games and stuff. But Sony are hopefully integrating a game suspend/pause mode which should then perhaps speed up the rest mode feature.

PS4 already got suspend mode, only works when using share play. it did suspend my single player game when i was invited into another game, after helping that person it went back to suspended game.

Rosogun is worth a punt.. as is Zen pinball 2 and also oddworld new n tasty. Walking dead season 1 n 2 are also great on ps4. loads of games, but depends on what you like.. even a decent golf game now, golf club.

ps+ provides healthy selection of indie games each month for free, well for a one off yearly charge..

After 3 days of ownership, some things that bug me:

The controller runs out of juice very quickly compared to the 360.

Text messages take an age to send and receive, when really they shouldn't.

The video record feature is of a low quality. Love the idea but uploading to youtube produces very lackluster video @ 720p for some reason.

Here's one I made earlier:

All things which can be corrected with future firmware updates. All in all very happy, the controller is a lot more comfortable than I was expecting.

Depends on what packet shaping or qos Sony has on psn, not sue if Sony think messages are lower priority then chat or friends updating.

but some do use messages as a way to chat, not everyone has a Mic connected... but it has improved.

Back
Top Bottom