*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
I got the mega bundle thing on release and could only stomach up to chapter 4 of kill zone before. Went back to it today and got up to chapter 4, and by god that game isn't very good.

It's gorgeous, but just not fun at all. And I've completed every kz game apart from kz 1 and quite enjoyed them, it's usually the last chapter I hate in them lol

Associate
I got the mega bundle thing on release and could only stomach up to chapter 4 of kill zone before. Went back to it today and got up to chapter 4, and by god that game isn't very good.

It's gorgeous, but just not fun at all. And I've completed every kz game apart from kz 1 and quite enjoyed them, it's usually the last chapter I hate in them lol
i know what you mean mate :( played a hour and its not been back in since:eek: this is the perfect example of why gameplay is way more important that graphics.

Soldato
Where's the rest of the thread gone? Anyways...

How good does Febs PS4 free game Outlast look? Think I'm more excited about that now after seeing the trailer than any other game coming out this year!

Soldato

How good does Febs PS4 free game Outlast look? Think I'm more excited about that now after seeing the trailer than any other game coming out this year!

A lot of large threads have been trimmed. I think they were affecting the forums performance.

Associate
I've enjoyed 3 ps4 games more than anything else including xbone games and in order of enjoyment they are.....

1.contrast
2.resogun
3.dont starve

other games I've played on both consoles forza,KI,peggle 2,ghosts,fifa 14,bf4,killzone,dead rising 3:p

Soldato

Played Outlast on the PC, man its fairly creepy in places... Play it in a dark room with headphones, dare you..!!

lol

Soldato
I really enjoyed Killzone.

I just started playing it yesterday. I think it's a fantastic demonstration of what the PS4 can do graphically, but the story is predictable and the gameplay mediocre. Gameplay-wise, there was potentially some fun to be had with that little owl drone thing and the scanner pulse, and to be fair, that early open level by the dam seemed to capitalise on that quite well. Unfortunately, the rest of the game so far has been mostly linear corridors leading to your next objective, with the occasional capacitor hunting mini-game thrown in.

Story-wise, I haven't even gotten to the reveal yet, but I already know there's going to be some "maybe it's the Vektans who are the true villains" stuff later on. The game isn't exactly being subtle about it. Nor is it being subtle with the cold war analogy.

Now excuse me while I play some more Contrast and Resogun...

Soldato
So if you were getting a ps4 what accessories would you get with it? Is the camera worth picking up? I got the move on ps3 and although I don't use it my kids enjoyed it for the dance games.

Edit: also is the ps plus the same price for ps4? Excuse ignorance never got it before. ;)

Worth money?

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes it does this is why I always advise dealing with the retailer not manufacturer.

By bypassing the retailer you loose certain rights under SOGA. You should always let the retailer contact the manufacturer and arrange any returns or replacements. This is generally not the done way but is the only way you will retain all your rights under DSR.

cheers I take It sony have to look after me for at lest 2 years since the law changed?

Think I will be trading this revision of the console in when they make a slim if they can :D

Soldato
Strange, amazon usually changes the price to the newer prices if lower? :S All my orders haven't been updated, cheers for the heads up!

edit: Thief is also £44 on there currently.

Apparently, but mine did not update either, so I've cancelled my pre-order and re-ordered this cheaper priced :)

Mine haven't updated either, however I'd imagine that Amazon will just charge you the lowest price when they actually dispatch it. Or refund you after. I have pre-ordered games before and a week after receiving the game, Amazon have refunded me £5 as the game dropped in price after release.

I've currently got Infamous, Thief, Destiny and The Order on pre-order. Holding out for DriveClub in case they give any kind of discount to PS Plus members.

Soldato
Mine haven't updated either, however I'd imagine that Amazon will just charge you the lowest price when they actually dispatch it. Or refund you after. I have pre-ordered games before and a week after receiving the game, Amazon have refunded me £5 as the game dropped in price after release.

I've currently got Infamous, Thief, Destiny and The Order on pre-order. Holding out for DriveClub in case they give any kind of discount to PS Plus members.

I've got Destiny and Infamous on pre Order at Amazon, both still at the more expensive price from a few months ago

Associate

Yeah I think that's happened before where they have processed a refund for me after I got charged the higher cost, but that was when it was cheaper on day before release if I remember correctly heh :D

And I think with DC there will be a kind of discount? As we'll get a smaller version through PS+ and a chance to buy the remaining content through smaller purchases? I am 99% positive that is what they said when it wasn't delayed.

Soldato
I just started playing it yesterday. I think it's a fantastic demonstration of what the PS4 can do graphically, but the story is predictable and the gameplay mediocre. Gameplay-wise, there was potentially some fun to be had with that little owl drone thing and the scanner pulse, and to be fair, that early open level by the dam seemed to capitalise on that quite well. Unfortunately, the rest of the game so far has been mostly linear corridors leading to your next objective, with the occasional capacitor hunting mini-game thrown in.

I'm up to chapter 5 on Killzone and enjoying it so far, although it is a bit too easy and linear. The early level at the dam was great and felt like an open world but since then it's all been a straight line. There are side corridors u can go down but they're usually a dead end without any collectibles in them.

Is there a way to play this stealthily? I usually find creeping up on one guy and melee will alert someone else, or if i try to sneak past a guard they have fairly decent peripheral vision. I checked a couple of walkthroughs and they just suggest to blast everyone.

Back
Top Bottom