*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Best place to order rayman legends? Amazon is £27 including free first class delivery, not preordered from them before though! Do they get it out in time for release or dispatch it on the day, its unclear on the site

Soldato
I'm pretty sure I heard something about Syphon Filter a bit ago. Although it could have been somebody else saying they want the game back.
I'd like to see a return of MediEvil.

Soldato
Best place to order rayman legends? Amazon is £27 including free first class delivery, not preordered from them before though! Do they get it out in time for release or dispatch it on the day, its unclear on the site

Every game I've preordered from Amazon has arrived on release day. Although I'm sure there are some exceptions (and Royal Mail are probably to blame for them)

Soldato
Basically what we are saying here is there are a load of brilliant PS1 titles that could benefit from a modern release (if they did it well).

So many good games out in that era.

But if I could just have 1 wish, for 1 release then it would be to bring back a full 1080p HD Super Metroid remake. I know it's Nintendo, but would love to have it on the PSN.

Or maybe they will do a Front Mission 3 remake but make it Transformers instead. haha
My heart aches for a good Transformers game

I'd even be happy with a Transformers MOBA game like LOL or Dota. It'd fit well into quite a few genres really - you all know what i'm doing if I ever become a billionaire...

Soldato
What was that mech game, I used to play spilt screen with my friend all the time on PSX but we only had the demo. I think you could jump and fly as well, not Mechwarrior obv. It was like those Gundam Wing style mechs.

Associate
never played shenmue. so i'm kinda hoping its a HD remake of both. :)

good shout on micro machines or a top down multi player racer! MM HD would be great fun!

edit: thinking about dreamcast days, i wish they'd bring out toy commander HD! or something similar!

Although I don't think it'll be Shenmue this has just cropped up today.

On another note, Would love to see a HD remake of the original Alundra, one of the best & most under rated PS1 games.

Soldato
On another note, Would love to see a HD remake of the original Alundra, one of the best & most under rated PS1 games.

One of the best substitutes around for Zelda, imo. It plays well enough on the PS3 and Vita though, and if PSone emulation happens natively with graphical enhancements as speculated then I can't imagine an HD remaster would do much more (or at least it doesn't sound like much can be done with remastering PSone games in HD).

Soldato

That damn Ice Pillar puzzle man!!!!!!!!
Even to this day I probably couldn't do it without a guide. Brutal.

Played it on Vita a while back and still holds up today. Amazing game and certainly one of my favorite stories told in a video game. I actually cared when characters died and I couldn't save them which is almost unheard of for me.

Soldato
What was that mech game, I used to play spilt screen with my friend all the time on PSX but we only had the demo. I think you could jump and fly as well, not Mechwarrior obv. It was like those Gundam Wing style mechs.

armored core! :) excellent game. loved upgrading my mechs.

Caporegime
OP
Yarp, but they should design a gun that is.

They have they are very inaccurate and to make them more accurate costs more money (more sensors required) meaning that they would become really expensive (due to needing more sensors).

They never sell light gun games in huge numbers because of the cost already associated with buying the gun, etc if you added even more cost on top it would make them sell even less, therefore they won't do it until it's cheap enough to do so.

Ideally you require 4 sensors one for each corner of the TV or maybe one for each side of the TV, if you could turn the camera into a sensor then you would only need an additional 3 sensors but the cost of the camera is a lot higher than a sensor but a lot of people could use the camera for other games.

If they also guaranteed that the sensors would be supported by future consoles and that other games would be compatible with them (made them universal) then I could see light gun games making a come back.

As it stands currently they are all poo compared to the old light guns which worked on CRT's.

Soldato

I imagine SEGA would just aquire the licence again, although the article does mention that the "Lawyers are sharpening their pencils" so who knows :confused:

Anywhoo, Shenmue 3 with Shenmue 1 & 2 "HD" exclusive to PS4 would be epic. Shenmue 1 & 2 still look great (beyond low res textures - the DC only had 8MB of VRAM after all) played via VGA on a DC (480p with decent TV upscaling).

Most likey a Uncharted / TLOU / GTA5 etc announcement though.

*Please be Shemue, Please be Shenmue, Please be Shenmue*

Soldato
quick question, as i'm at work. is rayman legends any good? and have the games been any good recently? i don't think i've played one since ps1 days! it's just i'm getting a little bored of shooting things on my ps4 :p and fancied playing something different.

Caporegime
OP
quick question, as i'm at work. is rayman legends any good? and have the games been any good recently? i don't think i've played one since ps1 days! it's just i'm getting a little bored of shooting things on my ps4 :p and fancied playing something different.

i would just read several review sites, metro has been really good for game reviews as of late, best way to make an informed decision on the game imo.

Back
Top Bottom