*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Associate
My PS4 is 100% stable as I don't live on a ship. :p

Seriously though, I put it on my TV stand and it hasn't moved since. I've never felt the need to apply any downward pressure on the back left corner of the console either.

Soldato
Just wanted to share a recent discovery. Tomb Raider was making my PS really loud, so much so I could hear it over my headphones (open back) from about 3 feet away.
I took the official stand off and laid horizontally and after about 30s it quietened down a lot. I was not playing the game, I just had it running on the same scene. I'm now considering selling it tbh.

Selling the PS4 or the stand? Seems a bit of an over-reaction to sell the PS4 just because of that!

Associate
I still don't understand why it would run cooler when it's horizontal. The stands don't cover any fans apparently.

If the stand has vents then it won't, but the sides of the PS4 is where all the intake vents are (from what I can see) and where the stand goes is actually where the fan is.

If you look at the side where the stand goes and look along the gap near the front of the console the plastic curves out a bit? That is where the fan is and that curve is actually part of the fan casing if I remember correctly. It should still pull cool air from the top vents though...

Last edited:
Soldato
I can totally understand that lol.

I must admit i kinda thought you spat the dummy out and was talking about the PS4 :p

Hope they release a patch soon for media playback on the PS4 and also hope they somehow give an option to turn the light bar off the controller mainly for battery purposes.

Caporegime
OP
I must admit i kinda thought you spat the dummy out and was talking about the PS4 :p

Hope they release a patch soon for media playback on the PS4 and also hope they somehow give an option to turn the light bar off the controller mainly for battery purposes.

surely if they can send a signal to make it switch colours, etc. they can send a signal to turn it off?

if not it's a huge flaw and i'm pretty much stuck as i have 2 controllers now and if it's fixed by a newer revision of controller then i doubt i would buy 2 more and sell my current 2.

i hope it can be fixed by software and isn't a hardware issue, if it is then i'll just have to persevere with regular charging whilst playing.

i may buy an eye at one point so don't want to gown the route of manually disconnecting it.

Soldato
Sorry all, post was a bit ambiguous lol.
Fact: Keeping PS4
Fact: Keeping stand as well as my GF bought it for me and it may be used again. She reminded me of the effort it took to get it for me at xmas time as they were very hard to find.

Back
Top Bottom