1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: *** The Official Playstation 5 (PS5) Thread ***

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by BMox81, Apr 16, 2019.

?

Which PS5 Version will you likely buy?

1. Digital Only Version

67 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. UHD Optical Version

242 vote(s)
    63.9%
  3. Unlikely to buy either

70 vote(s)
    18.5%
  1. msmalls74

Sgarrista

Sony have said they are testing around 4000 PS4 games, and most should work on PS5, the 100 quote was the initial testing of the 100 most played PS4 games. They have said the PSVR will work, not sure what the camera situation will be though.

2. JBeck

Mobster

Ah ok I get you, and agree.

I'm happy to pay the expected asking price for console and games, I've spent more than a few games on one night out before now...

3. Noxia

Soldato

Something struck me earlier. There is a bit of unrest about the price but I ask how many of those people (talking generally) own iPhones and other flagship handsets that cost £500 plus and they may only keep a year or two.
    £600 for something that may last 7 years again doesn't seem that much.

4. antijoke

Caporegime

5. Zefan

Don

If it's either a compromise on either 4K, 60 FPS, and ray tracing... I can see why. Can £1000+ GPUs even do all of that at once now...? I think it's a little unrealistic to expect that advancing storage tech will make the kind of pixel pushing not even seen on 500W+ £1.5K gaming rigs possible straight out of the gates.

6. Yas786

Caporegime

Freaking hell the PS5 is kinda ugly but I saw a comparison of all consoles ie previous and current including the new Xbox and the PS5 dwarfs all of them in size lol.
    Quite a few epically funny memes out as well :p

7. marcg868

Gangster

Was all ready to start with a PS5 this gen, then the announcement of Gran Turismo cemented that further, and then the console reveal I'm sorry but if it was all black that would be fine but it's disgusting.
    The Series X isn't exactly a looker, but at least it will match everything else on my tv unit, and will just about fit in the gap sideways.

8. Andybtsn

Don

I find it baffling anyone would choose the look of a console over a game they love. Absolute madness!

9. Random Guy Esq.

Mobster

Yeah, I don't get it. Especially if it's just the colour that bothers someone. Dbrand skins will sort that out for a few quid for example.

10. steve5424

Wise Guy

11. Soulja

Capodecina

12. banbom44

Hitman

if you get the digital version you won't be able to buy games and trade them in.

13. pdhenin

Gangster

That's a great point I didn't even think about that.

14. banbom44

Hitman

Yeah i can't fathom why anybody would spend a thousand pounds on a phone im old fashioned still have a land line and a potato phone odd phone call and send texts.

15. Andybtsn

Don

I can't remember the last time I bought a physical game as I use gameshare on my PS4.

16. RaMDOM

Wise Guy

For me the biggest disappointment of the whole presentation was the fact that the next Spiderman game will be PS5 exclusive and will not be out on hardware that can clearly handle it (PS4).

I get it that they want to sell machines but leaving their PS4 base without this game is a big miss. I will not be able to get a PS5 for a number of years (if at all) and I would love to play a new Spiderman game. I always thought that we would see a sequel on the PS4 tbh.

17. hyperseven

Soldato

Why are they hiding the rear ports? My theory is that it won't support the old PS4 camera which uses a dedicated AUX port and so you have to fork out for the new camera if you have any chance of using PSVR.

18. Jae-So

Mobster

TBF I would never spend that on a phone either so I agree with the sentiment.
    I only got my Pixel 3 because it was a black Friday deal. £37/month for 2 years with 100GB of data a month.

19. marcg868

Gangster

It's the only game I like on the Playstation and the uncharted series. Plus when the other half gives me grief about some white coloured abomination under the TV I cant be bothered with the ear ache. If it comes in black I'll buy it but untill then I'll stick with my one X or get the Series X

20. Yaayuh!

Capodecina

Indeed.