Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 28 11.7%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 150 62.5%
  • No (other)

Votes: 50 20.8%
  • Pancake

Votes: 12 5.0%

• Total voters
FYI, you can get 12 months of Netflix Premium if you buy a PS5 or PSVR2 from PS Direct at the moment, pretty good deal considering the insane price Netflix is these days. Apparently it's added to your account as credit.

Hi everyone, I recently looked at purchasing a PS5 so bought store credit over the months and stored them up in the account. I've now gone to purchase the PS5 console and store credit cannot be used to buy hardware :(

I've contacted Playstation and the consoles are sold on direct and not the store and they can't take store credit. Sony need to learn from Microsoft!

Anyone know of any solutions at all?

Hi everyone, I recently looked at purchasing a PS5 so bought store credit over the months and stored them up in the account. I've now gone to purchase the PS5 console and store credit cannot be used to buy hardware :(

I've contacted Playstation and the consoles are sold on direct and not the store and they can't take store credit. Sony need to learn from Microsoft!

Anyone know of any solutions at all?
Wow ! That blows. Sadly, I can't think of any easy solutions to fix your predicament. Did you ask if they would "refund" your credit ?

Playstation 5 digital down to £349.99
Playstation 5 disc down to £415.00

Both "slim" models good deals
You can get the disc version for essentially £225 if you you're interested in Netflix (free 12 months of Netflix premium or a £215 credit on your Netflix account if you're subbed already).

Crazy deal if you want/have Netflix.

Last edited:
Feels like Wildlands is bugged on PSN to me. Never played or downloaded it on PS4/5 (only ever played it on PC/Xbox) and cannot buy either the Year 2 Gold or Ultimate Edition. Only get the option to buy the base game. Feel like you'd need to contact they help/support to reset or fix the license issue.

L5vlBICm.png

Managed to sort this buy doing it on the console itself.

I had more options to view the game in the sale and purchase.

You can get the disc version for essentially £225 if you you're interested in Netflix (free 12 months of Netflix premium or a £215 credit on your Netflix account if you're subbed already).

Crazy deal if you want/have Netflix.

Crazy deal!!!

Suggests they're shortly going to announce the Pro model to fill that new price point? PS5 Pro at 549 potentially?
Possibly. I think pro will be November time and priced at £450-£500 I may actually sell the ps5 and Xbox series X when it comes out to put towards the pro. Im honestly not using the series x haven't switched it on in months

Last edited:
Astro Bot is £54.99 at the game collection with £10 of reward points.

Had £20 of reward points saved from previous preorders so not too bad.

Really enjoyed the pack in game so a full Astro Bot will be amazing.

Pre ordered it earlier. Just the standard edition - really wanting more games like this.

Sick of hero shooters / battle royals / extraction shooters etc. basically multiplayer really doesn’t interest me.

I bought a PS5 yesterday and am after some recommendations for “essential” games. I have already bout Horizon Forbidden West and Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart.

What games are considered essential?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The same philosophy applies to games.

Also depends if you are talking pure exclusives, or if you have not played major titles on any other platform.

For me, some essential games have been:

Demon’s Souls
Returnal
Elden Ring
Days Gone
God of War Ragnarok
It takes two
Sekiro
Deathloop
TLOU part 1 / TLOU part 2
Gran Turismo 7
Baldurs Gate 3
Death Stranding
Stray
Astro’s Playroom (should be pre installed)

Plenty of others out there depending on what you like.

I bought a PS5 yesterday and am after some recommendations for “essential” games. I have already bout Horizon Forbidden West and Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart.

What games are considered essential?

Always comes down to personal preference - for me, off the top of my head, it would be Astro's Playroom (which you get anyway!), GT7, God of War Ragnarok, Sackboy, Returnal and one of the Spiderman games ;)

Strangely, the most enjoyment I've had is with It Takes Two, playing in co-op with my sons!

If I were you, I'd look at some 'best PS5 game' guides and pick out what appeals to you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom