• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Caporegime
I can't see it being 14TF the cooling requirements would be too great.
That bridge has to be crossed sometime as consoles will keep getting faster and faster and die shrink can only go so far.

Maybe they will devise some sort of AIO system for the new console. It might have to be a bit bigger than usual, but I don’t actually think size is high up on people’s lists of priorities when it comes to consoles. Tbh, I’d happily buy one even if it was as big as an AV receiver, which I’m sure it wouldn’t be lol.

However, I do agree, 14TF is very optimistic indeed. 2080Ti’s will still be retailing for hundreds and hundreds of pounds a year from now. I’m probably being too simplistic comparing the two anyway.

Soldato
I’d pay £500 in a heartbeat for a PS5.
Me too. I won't be bothering with the next Xbox and my PC gaming days are just for older titles so no need to upgrade, hence, PS5 will get my cash on day one.

Do we have a firm date for TLOU2? Would be a killer launch title but I'm guessing it will arrive on PS4 first.

Caporegime
Well it ain't coming out within the next 12 months according to Sony's investor call. Crap. Another 18 months of hellish waiting then. Can't see them launching between April-August. So Sep 2020 at earliest.

Associate
I just want more power already. I’m bored of this gens hardware. Give me proper 4K dammit. :p

P.s - and a quieter console !!
Yeah playing god of war while boeings are firing up engines isn't a nice experience. Bloody thing sounds like it will literally take off PS4 Pro so much so i couldn't face playing any more. I dusted it off for fifa 19 sept-feb then tried PSVR for about a week. Been boxed up since then.

Soldato
Yeah playing god of war while boeings are firing up engines isn't a nice experience. Bloody thing sounds like it will literally take off PS4 Pro so much so i couldn't face playing any more. I dusted it off for fifa 19 sept-feb then tried PSVR for about a week. Been boxed up since then.
Mine got so loud playing farcry 5, it was vibrating my wooden unit! Sounded like there was a disc in the drive. Hate the noise it makes. Really puts me off playing.

Soldato
I could probably google this, but I'm in the comments here now, so I'll ask.
Does anyone know why the fans on the PS4/Pro go ballistic when you enter menus?

I find the fans and noise is fine in games, but as soon as I pause or enter an inventory screen.... WHOOOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's mysterious.

Associate

I find the fans and noise is fine in games, but as soon as I pause or enter an inventory screen.... WHOOOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's mysterious.

Maybe they don't have an FPS cap so it just goes off the charts.

Soldato

It's mysterious.

Depends on the game. If they use a transparency effect when paused that can cause it because it adds to the GPU load. You see it in RDR2 when using certain menus too.

Soldato
Longer it is more time I have to save for it so late 2020 or early 2021 is fine by me.

Microsoft will probably announce new xbox at e3 I think depending what they announce etc could change sonys plans

Soldato
I don't think it can be as late as 2021 for two factors

1) a year or more behind MS, highly unlikely imo - would give MS a gigantic lead even if they haven't made the most of the hardware.

2) While its a brand new cpu / chipset now, in 18 months -2 years it will be pretty old hat and Sony wont be anywhere near bleeding edge for the hardware even considering its a console.

I really wouldn't be surprised at Easter 2020, but maybe Christmas if they absolutely have to (but imo that will give MS a good start in the sales wars).

Back compatibility is no longer an issue as chipset will be practically identical to ps4 (unlike other ps models generation to generation) they just have to get BIOS working correctly so hardware throttles to the right speed etc.

Associate
Yeah i am with you. According what people have said around discord and the like its based on the zen2 cpu which is current so unlikely they will hold out announcing it past mid 2020 and a release towards oct/nov.

Back
Top Bottom