• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Associate
My Sony 4k player also scratches like a fiend just using a yellow duster on it, must be a Sony directive... make sure all plastic scratches easily to damge resale value.

Permabanned
I ended up with two Series X for RRP and put one up for sale. Ended up with a Microsoft fanboy who was gutted he sold his series X to pay for a PS5 resale and straight swapped me for it. Did not expect to have one anytime soon and Im over the moon with it. Me and the little one have been having a blast on playroom until some games turn up.

Soldato
Not much going on in the State of Play presentation yesterday but there were one or two things that I am keeping my eye on. The FFVII update was a nice surprise so I'll hold off playing that - wonder how much they'll want for the DLC. Interesting to see some more of Returnal, Deathloop and Kena: Bridge of Spirits - they all look like they could be decent. Everything else was a bit meh not really interested in Oddworld though I suppose I'll give it a go as it was confirmed as a PS+ monthly game.

Soldato
I'm surprised Oddworld is going to be a PS+ game?

Interesting to see some more of Returnal, Deathloop and Kena: Bridge of Spirits - they all look like they could be decent.

Yeah, those are the ones that caught my eye. Particularly Returnal as I like the rogue-like aspects of the game. I'm still annoyed Sony are persisting with listing their first party games for £70 RRP though. Returnal looks like fun but it doesn't strike me as a £70 premium priced title.

Soldato
I'm surprised Oddworld is going to be a PS+ game?

Yeah, those are the ones that caught my eye. Particularly Returnal as I like the rogue-like aspects of the game. I'm still annoyed Sony are persisting with listing their first party games for £70 RRP though. Returnal looks like fun but it doesn't strike me as a £70 premium priced title.
Yeah £70 is a big ask for Returnal, from what I've seen so far - I guess we'll just have to wait and see. If it turns out a must buy then maybe. Otherwise I'll wait for either a sale or second hand. The traversal and gunplay do look like it'll be a lot of fun though.

Soldato
With something like Demon's Soul as the headline Sony PS5 launch day title you can kind of accept a level of price gouging but I can see me waiting for a drop/2nd hand or resorting to game rental sites if it becomes the norm.

Last edited:
Soldato
Associate
Can anyone recommend an external ssd for PS4 games please. I’m thinking of

Samsung T7 Portable SSD - 1 TB - USB 3.2 Gen.2 External SSD Titanium Grey

Soldato
Can anyone recommend an external ssd for PS4 games please. I’m thinking of

Samsung T7 Portable SSD - 1 TB - USB 3.2 Gen.2 External SSD Titanium Grey
I've been using this for my PS4 games external storage from release day 1. No problems, outside of the occasional rest mode crash but this has only occurred when sleeping with AC:V open (disc version).

Soldato
I wonder if a lot of big PS5 games are going to be delayed due to a lack of PS5s through the part shortages/covid impacted supply chain and wanting to maximise games sales.
Despite them always being out of stock I imagine they’d have sold a ton more by now if the supply chain was running at full capacity...
Rumours are that Horizon and God of War 2 are at least going to be delayed until next year.

I mean they’ll say it’s down to covid delaying development but by this point I’d say that is an easy get out clause for most businesses, when it’s likely there are ulterior motives/reasons.

Last edited:
Associate
Got a PS5 with an extra controller and the new headphones, upgraded from a Pro. Didn't really follow the reviews so went in blind. All I can say is what an amazing bit of kit, blown away by the whole experience on my 120hz OLED :eek: everything from the adaptive triggers on the remote to instant loading times on games. I think Sony have nailed the whole experience!

Just waiting on my dongle for the VR to turn up.

IMG-20210227-225711212.jpg

Associate
Unhappily bouncing along the delete-games-to-install-games problem at the moment. Even game updates won't install due to lack of spare space.

Obviously, maybe, some of these are PS4 games so I'm looking at an external drive to help me out. With the potential unlock of the internal bay this year, I'm thinking I may as well at least *try* to find a drive that may work inside.

Any thoughts? Is the 970 evo plus or SN750 a good prospect do we think???

Soldato
Unhappily bouncing along the delete-games-to-install-games problem at the moment. Even game updates won't install due to lack of spare space.

Obviously, maybe, some of these are PS4 games so I'm looking at an external drive to help me out. With the potential unlock of the internal bay this year, I'm thinking I may as well at least *try* to find a drive that may work inside.

Any thoughts? Is the 970 evo plus or SN750 a good prospect do we think???

Only real drive I can see being a safe bet would be 980 Pro, hopefully Sony just allows any Gen3 or 4 drive to work tho and just says if you use a Gen3 or slower Gen4 you won't get same experience as internal drive

Back
Top Bottom