1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: *The Official PlayStation 5 (PS5) Thread*

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by BMox81, 16 Apr 2019.

?

Which PS5 Version will you likely buy?

1. Digital Only Version

154 vote(s)
    16.4%
  2. UHD Optical Version

569 vote(s)
    60.7%
  3. Unlikely to buy either

214 vote(s)
    22.8%
  1. Van Diemen

Mobster

Been in a que for an hour, still showing as more than an hour, I know there's no chance of scoring one today

2. dunno

Wise Guy

I've been in a queue since 9:45ish... went from a 7min wait to a 30min wait then over an hour wait...

edit:

Bagged one!

Original one I was waiting in the queue for was sold out, so I tried adding another bundle and it said i had tried to order too many in a short space of time... So i waited what seemed like an eternity (probably one minute) and picked a bundle I didn't think people would go for (the one with the L t-shirt!) and i managed to check out and got the confirmation email!

The delivery options are quite poor though, both royal mail 48h or 24h delivery - I don't trust them enough to deliver a ps5! So i had to spring 19.99 for insured delivery...

Fingers crossed it doesn't get cancelled.

edit 2: Just read the fine print for the 19.99 delivery and its royal mail too...

Last edited: 3 Mar 2021
  3. antijoke

Caporegime

The eagle has landed

[​IMG]

4. ic1male

Caporegime

Even August is looking unlikely at this rate, which is when I'd be ready to buy one. It might end up being April 2022 when my Xbox Game Pass sub runs out. :p

5. Plainsong

Sgarrista

Finally!

6. Belloni

Mobster

I've been in the Game queue since 9am this morning. Eventually got in about an hour ago. The bundle I chose didn't seem to work (Spiderman and headset), as I would get to the payment page and it would timeout. Tested a couple different bundles and managed to get one with the 2 controllers and t shirt. Not ideal, but I guess I've got a spare controller now for my imaginary friend.

7. Superpatsy

Wise Guy

With the apparent stick drift issues that are happening, having a second controller is a good move.

8. Mint8

Gangster

The stick drift issues appear to be the same as the "coil whine" issues around launch - i.e not at all widespread but if you look on Reddit - its across the board.

IGN I think did a poll recently about stick drift - hardly anyone reported having experienced it.

9. robj20

Capodecina

Hopefully I'll grab one the next time Amazon have them.

10. antijoke

Caporegime

OK, so initial impressions of Astro playroom...

The DualSense along with the console truly makes this feel like a next generation experience. I was blown away by how good it is. I always had the hype down to the usual press “reviews” of being pure hyperbole, but it’s not, it’s legit.

I just hope that we get games in the future that feel as good to play and do all the cool things the pad can do.

It made me feel like a kid again, like those moments when I first booted my PS1 at Christmas and then when I bought my PS2 and saw the boot animation. I also got goosebumps on the level where you climb the TVs with the classic PlayStation boot up sounds.

11. BuffetSlayer

Mobster

I really enjoyed the time I have played this game.

BUT, its following playing this game that my pad developed a serious stick drift issue. Could be a coincidence but I haven't wanted to go back to it :(

12. antijoke

Caporegime

oh no that sucks.

13. Converge

Mobster

Glad to read you’ve finally bagged one and are enjoying it :)
    Astro’s such a great introduction to the console and controller. Make sure you platinum it, great fun :D

14. nantucket66

Wise Guy

Was in a queue with Game this morning for around an hour, no console stock when I finally got in, getting bored with it now. Not even been close yet.

15. antijoke

Caporegime

Yes maybe that has built the anticipation up to major hype levels lol.

And yes I am thinking about getting the platinum. I have loved getting the artifacts for the PlayStation, a real nostalgia trip.

16. Mobius 1

Capodecina

Fantastic soundtrack too !

17. antijoke

Caporegime

Funny you say that , my lad was watching me play and he said the soundtrack “slaps”. :D

18. Steven Rimmington

Gangster

Just received the USB dongle for the VR. Happy to say it all works perfectly :D My gun and Move controllers all connect fine.

Well happy with the switch. Even just playing FIFA is a joy, super snappy.

19. Mobius 1

Capodecina

Aye. Memory meadow track 1 and the PlayStation room theme are both my favourites :D

20. pinkpound

Wise Guy

So I'm getting failed downloads on games again via wired and wireless using VM & BT get between 1-2gb down and it fails with a different error code each time . Just done a full system reset and the same happens again , I'm leaning towards a hardware problem as chances of 2 net connections been faulty are a bit remote.

Update
    Rang Sony been advised to return to them as likely a hardware fault 10-20 work day turnaround

Last edited: 4 Mar 2021