• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.4%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
Just had my PS5 delivered from Very, which turned out to be an interesting experience.

They sent it with Royal Mail Tracked 24, which I thought was a bit odd, considering the cost of the item.

I saw the post van pull up, and waited... nothing. Then I got a notification saying it had been delivered and signed for, with some random squiggle of a signature.

Concerned, I tracked down the postwoman, who informed me that she'd signed for it herself, and put it in my recycling bin... which was actually my neighbours bin...

Astonishing.

Anyway, I have it now and all looks well.
Who puts expensive items in smelly bins!

Soldato
Just had my PS5 delivered from Very, which turned out to be an interesting experience.

They sent it with Royal Mail Tracked 24, which I thought was a bit odd, considering the cost of the item.

I saw the post van pull up, and waited... nothing. Then I got a notification saying it had been delivered and signed for, with some random squiggle of a signature.

Concerned, I tracked down the postwoman, who informed me that she'd signed for it herself, and put it in my recycling bin... which was actually my neighbours bin...

Astonishing.

WTH :eek:

Soldato

Astonishing.

Were you at home? Didn't she knock on?

Caporegime
If I see a delivery van pulling up and i am expecting something expensive i would open the door, make sure they see me so that they bring it over to the door. Certainly won't stand there silent inside through a window and watch them put a large parcel in the bin and then put a delivery slip through my door.

Unless the drive is a mile long and the bin is at the end of that with a post box American Style.

Did you just not say anything the whole time? or just busy in the middle of something?

Last edited:
Soldato
If I see a delivery van pulling up and i am expecting something expensive i would open the door, make sure they see me so that they bring it over to the door. Certainly won't stand there silent inside through a window and watch them put a large parcel in the bin and then put a delivery slip through my door.

Unless the drive is a mile long and the bin is at the end of that with a post box American Style.

Did you just not say anything the whole time?

Yeah, why just stand in the house watching the postwoman? Open the door and greet her.

Man of Honour

Did you just not say anything the whole time?

That's not what happened at all. I was just waiting, as I suspect is normal. I couldn't see what she was doing, I didn't know she'd even got out of the van and then she suddenly drove off and I got a notification saying it had been delivered.

Man of Honour
Yeah but still... You're expecting the parcel. Open the door to greet them.

Often Royal Mail send a different van with larger parcels. Either way it's pretty irrelevant, they shouldn't be putting parcels in bins and not even attempting delivery.

I was waiting for her to at least exit the van before opening the door.

Soldato
Often Royal Mail send a different van with larger parcels. Either way it's pretty irrelevant, they shouldn't be putting parcels in bins and not even attempting delivery.

I was waiting for her to at least exit the van before opening the door.

Yeah I agree its pretty terrible service to not even bother knocking on. Maybe she knocked on your neighbors door instead, didn't get an answer so dumped it in the bin. She is definitely at fault (assuming you have the correct door number on the delivery note)

Man of Honour
Yeah I agree its pretty terrible service to not even bother knocking on. Maybe she knocked on your neighbors door instead, didn't get an answer so dumped it in the bin. She is definitely at fault (assuming you have the correct door number on the delivery note)

This is what I suspect has happened - the address is correct on the package, so she's perhaps misread it and put a slip through the neighbours door...!

The other worry is Very using a basic delivery service for something expensive. Should be DPD or similar.

Anyway, crisis averted! Got to get it all set up now...

Soldato
This is what I suspect has happened - the address is correct on the package, so she's perhaps misread it and put a slip through the neighbours door...!

The other worry is Very using a basic delivery service for something expensive. Should be DPD or similar.

Anyway, crisis averted! Got to get it all set up now...
Enjoy it, and jump on Astro as your first port of call. It really shows what the controller can do and is great fun :)

Soldato

Astonishing.

Yeah they clowns. Mine was also delivered by royal mail from very, although they did manage to knock on my door and hand it over.

Caporegime

Astonishing.

Wow. I'd say you're pretty lucky to have it at all if that's what she did with it... Where do they find these people...

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom