1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: *The Official PlayStation 5 (PS5) Thread*

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by BMox81, 16 Apr 2019.

?

Which PS5 Version will you likely buy?

1. Digital Only Version

157 vote(s)
    16.2%
  2. UHD Optical Version

593 vote(s)
    61.3%
  3. Unlikely to buy either

217 vote(s)
    22.4%
  1. darkgen

Mobster

Aye; still in stock 5 mins later!

2. suenstar

Wise Guy

Cheers for the notification, managed to order one.
    Should be arriving on Friday.

3. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

Oh wow, not even crashing for me this time (not that i am buying, just testing).

[​IMG]

4. suenstar

Wise Guy

I've not had a PlayStation console for a while now, anyone recommend some games to try first?
    Last things I can recall playing was Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War and Uncharted 4 - I usually like third person action/platformer games on consoles.

5. TheLegendOfMart

Wise Guy

Not everyone lives on the internet. I've been trying for 9 months and today is the first time I've actually managed to get one and it was purely by chance that I was looking at Digital Foundry twitter.

6. stoofa

Capodecina

I don't live on the internet - I just happen to have the Hotstock app installed and that app alone secured me the consoles I wanted for relatives. It's a bit of a game now, I see the alert and attempt to get to the site before the item sells out - see "if" I could buy one if I wanted and in most cases I could.
    Over the past 4 weeks there have been a shed load of these consoles available in the UK.

7. jonneymendoza

Capodecina

i work from home so i am in front of the pc all day mate working and chekcing stock alerts and always forward it to mates.

Manged to help a friend in this very same forum here

8. Random Guy Esq.

Mobster

Maybe the Spidey games if you haven't played them yet? Ghost of Tsushima was generally well received too, as was Demon's Souls.

9. dave28

Wise Guy

returnal was well received by most, well worth a look to see if it is your thing

10. FrankJH

Capodecina

Personally I think this is the first week when the PS5 has been freely available for long periods (even using hotstock or equivelant app)

Alot of people cant just drop everything the moment an alert comes in - or otherwise its the bundle / price of this thats a major turn off

I saw a few resident evil bundles for ~£650 or so (including another controller and other games) but even allowing for such the price just didnt seem justifiable even without considering I didnt want RE at all, even without considering I would probably loose money and go through hassle flogging the game on here as soon as I got it - sometimes its just not worth it even when you find somewhere in stock

11. chrcoluk

Sgarrista

I installed it no issues, but havent played any games since putting it on.

12. TNA

Capodecina

You guys think we will get a redesign on 5nm next year? I am going to wait for that before buying. Right now no exclusives that I am interested in.

13. baldmonk

Wise Guy

managed to get one from EE with free extra controller delivered today cant wait to play some exclusives after being xbox and pc only for what seems an age

14. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

It might do but due to the silicon shortage I doubt it. If you want to wait for one that is smaller, I can understand but it won't be quieter, it's already silent.

15. Random Guy Esq.

Mobster

Depending on the fan a unit has, no it isn't.

16. FoxEye

Caporegime

Normally you don't have to "try really hard" just to buy something. It may be a game to you, but to most people it's a pain in the ass.

People have got many better things to do, tbh. That you've still got the app and you're still checking indicates a few things, one of them being that it certainly wasn't easy for a long time, hence checking the app has now become a kind of oddly compulsive behaviour for you.

I don't think any of it is indicative of a healthy situation, for consumers, retailers or anyone.

17. TNA

Capodecina

Will see how it goes. It all depends on exclusives. But right now I just do not feel in a rush at all based on what is out and what will be out in the next 2 years.

18. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

Sorry to hear you have a loud one.

I will amend to "It's silent in mine."

Before you reply...I mean silent as in I can't hear it when i am gaming, in the room, above regular noises.

I don't mean putting it in a Dead Sound Booth room with a mic measuring.

19. stoofa

Capodecina

I don't constantly check the app - really, stop trying to make something sound like it isn't.
    I'm in my office at work, my phone throws up an alert - I glance at my phone, notice the Hotstock app has alerted - I tap it and I'm there with a PS5 in my basket.
    No, you're right, it hasn't been easy for a long time.
    But the PS5 is the fastest PlayStation ever to reach 10m units - which indicates that there is stock out there.

The issue is people want it to be simple to purchase - wouldn't we all eh?
    However, a global pandemic and worldwide chip shortage has made it so that isn't the case. Everyone knew that supply would not be able to meet demand for this console.
    Yet, over the past 4 weeks a major UK retailer has had three batches of stock, some of the larger retailers have had two batches of stock and every retailer has had at least one. In those 4 weeks doing nothing more than sometimes glancing at my phone when there is an alert and tapping on said alert - I could have owned 5 PS5's.

I stick to my comment - if you want a PS5 (and maybe those people who aren't at least putting in a bit of effort really aren't that bothered about owning one) then there is stock available.
    Seems people want the console to drop into their lap - maybe this time next year we'll be in that situation. An alert to phone where you click on the alert is pretty damn close to it falling into your lap.

20. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

I didn't sub to any alert, no apps, don't look at Twitter, I only check this forum from time to time and someone kindly offered me a VIP code for Curry's.

This thread throws up enough "alerts" by members every week I think, most of the time the website crashed when i tried but i still got one without any alert apps.