1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: *The Official PlayStation 5 (PS5) Thread*

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by BMox81, 16 Apr 2019.

?

Which PS5 Version will you likely buy?

1. Digital Only Version

157 vote(s)
    16.2%
  2. UHD Optical Version

593 vote(s)
    61.3%
  3. Unlikely to buy either

217 vote(s)
    22.4%
  1. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

My friend, who doesn't go to any forums, less of a geek than me, managed to get a PS5 last weekend from Very. It can't be that difficult now. I mean using this thread when someone mentioned Amazon I managed to add one to cart, go all the way to the last step in the checkout without it crashing one me like it used to. I think the demands has dropped judging from the site not dying anymore.

2. Stovehead

Associate

I lost a couple of saves, I got rid of my PS4 pro before the ps5 arrived. The auto upload to the cloud on the PS4Pro/PsPlus didn’t work even though I asked it to do it automatically.

3. chrcoluk

Sgarrista

True I am talking about back when I got my PS5, I havent tried it since. Things have got easier since.

4. chrcoluk

Sgarrista

I moved mine via usb stick, later I did check my cloud saves out of curiosity and noticed they were not up to date and like you it was enabled for auto sync. Not good sign moving forward given on ps5 saves usb is now not an option.

5. oweneades

Sgarrista

Same with mine (digital model) I got through the MM. Effectively silent in normal operation but side by side it is louder than the X (although you need to be pretty close to hear either in a normal gaming environment). I was genuinely surprised by how big it is though (something something, that’s what she said) and I really want to switch out the side plates for black ones.

All of that said really enjoying SOTR and Astro boy atm. Got GoW and uncharted on the lost next. :)

6. Westie

Soldato

Got my disc version today.. lovely bit of kit..

Just downloading Miles Morales Spiderman now..

Been playing some god of war at 60fps on my oled.. smooth and looks pretty damn good.

7. Cryfreeman

Mobster

Really enjoyed GoW and Horizon, GoW looks and plays great with its 60fps update and I wanted to wait for Horizon to get the same treatment but got bored waiting.

8. biron_w

Sgarrista

Anybody want a Curry's VIP for a PS5 bundle? I have one up for grabs.

9. spluff

Mobster

i want one but i think trust is down

10. biron_w

Sgarrista

Seems you can start a private chat so I've done that.

11. biron_w

Sgarrista

12. BowdonUK

Soldato

I finally managed to grab a ps5 from the BT shop. I signed up and they sent me a code.

The only annoying bit so far is transfering data from my ps4 pro. I could do it via wifi but I'm thinking thats going to take a while so I ordered a new ethernet cable.

The menus are going to take some getting used to. They are different but familiar.

13. 49er

Associate

Still available if anyone wants the code. I'll donate it to twitter in a few hours if no one wants it here

14. TheVoice

Capodecina

You'd need to check with the manufacturer. I've had two NVMe SSDs and never needed firmware updates for either of them so it's probably not something you need to worry about.

15. steve5424

Mobster

Didn't think NVMEs needed firmware updates.

16. hyperseven

Sgarrista

They do. Had Samsung's in the past that needed flashing, they still retained all data.

17. ic1male

Caporegime

I too have two SSDs. No, wait three! And I've updated firmware on all them - 1x Toshiba, 2x Samsung. So it is a thing.

18. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

If the SSD performs to spec, exceeds the performance of the internal Sony SSD then I would be inclined to leave it as is. If it aren't broke and all that.

19. 49er

Associate

Gone to @nosluom

20. Broken Hope

Sgarrista

I put my SN850 in my PC to update the firmware ready for when I can finally install it in my PS5.