1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: *The Official PlayStation 5 (PS5) Thread*

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by BMox81, 16 Apr 2019.

?

Which PS5 Version will you likely buy?

1. Digital Only Version

156 vote(s)
    16.3%
  2. UHD Optical Version

583 vote(s)
    61.0%
  3. Unlikely to buy either

216 vote(s)
    22.6%
  1. MarkeR

Mobster

I'll taje it Joey, shold never have put my code up onto Facebook, got three people chinning me for one..

I would understand if someone else got it before me though as someone gave me another earlier..

I'm not having them for myself, I sold my discless one on here for less than retail after I got my disc one.
    thanks

2. Simmz

Mobster

Got a spare Currys code if anyone wants. First come bla bla bla. Email in trust.

***Gone***

Last edited: 15 Oct 2021
  3. Joeyuk

Hitman

sent you the code m8

4. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

Anyone know how to get the PS5 to switch off my tv? It switches it on just fine.

2 week holiday coming up and there is going to be a lot of PS5 gaming!

So far I’ve finished god of war and both Spider-Man games. Absolutely loving it.

5. dcsarge

Wise Guy

I didn't think you could get a console to do that even with HDMI link/control.

My PS4 has no trouble waking my Panny GT50 up or auto switching the input but, unless I turn the TV off, it usually turns due to power saving when I have nodded off.

6. Jae-So

Mobster

Anymore Currys codes please hit me up.
    My bro is after one.

7. Noxia

Sgarrista

Xbox can turn your TV off and I'm pretty sure ps5 can too. Don't you have to enable hdmi cec or something

8. Plainsong

Sgarrista

My CX turns on but not off. Have to use the remote.

9. TheVoice

Capodecina

You can't, the TV will turn on if it senses a device being turned on, and it can turn other devices off if the TV is turned off though.

10. Noxia

Sgarrista

Something else sony are behind on to ms then. Surprising as they also sell TVs.

11. Mobius 1

Capodecina

I don’t know why some people always have to make a competition out of everything. Like, chill. Who actually cares if the ps5 can’t turn off tvs :p

12. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

It’s a little annoying, it’s a small feature, but they all add up.

13. Plainsong

Sgarrista

Imagine having to move your hand to press the off button. So annoying.

14. jennidc

Hitman

Ps5 does support it you have to have the hdmi cec option on for both the console and TV.

15. Noxia

Sgarrista

Me, because one of my consoles does and one doesn't. That said I'm 80% sure it does as I said earlier with the HDMI CEC option. Haven't used it for a while, I should just test and report back.

Ok it doesn't. Ps5 will turn on when I turn my Tv on and go to rest if I turn the TV off but it won't turn off my Tv if I rest/turn off.
    SX gives you the option to have it behave how you want which is better than a company just saying no you can only do it our way.

Last edited: 16 Oct 2021
  16. DeliciousStorage

Hitman

It's really more of a problem with your TV than the PS5 though. My monitor turns off automatically when there is no input signal.

17. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

All the small features add up though to the overall user experience, otherwise why bother adding any of them.

I’ll have to look at the TV settings, it works correctly on my XSX. Might need a setting tweak now that I’ve added the PS5 and an HDMI switcher.

18. Noxia

Sgarrista

He has the same TV as me I think so it's definitely not.
    How long does your monitor take to turn off?

19. DeliciousStorage

Hitman

I didn't mean that their particular TV was faulty, just a design flaw of the TV.

Never really paid much attention to it, can't be any more than a few seconds though.

Last edited: 16 Oct 2021
  20. BEN_UK

Mobster

Just replaced the fan in my PS5.

Ever since the first power on of the PS5 back in April I've never been happy with the fan noise. Far to loud and irritating for a £450 brand new console.

Sony refused to acknowledge there was a problem after 2 weeks away at the repair centre.

Mine has the 17 blade fan I've just replaced it with a 23 blade fan from Amazon for £76.10 believe it's come from China couldn't find any local.

So much better more or less silent now very happy.

Last edited: 17 Oct 2021