1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: *The Official PlayStation 5 (PS5) Thread*

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by BMox81, 16 Apr 2019.

?

Which PS5 Version will you likely buy?

1. Digital Only Version

157 vote(s)
    16.2%
  2. UHD Optical Version

593 vote(s)
    61.3%
  3. Unlikely to buy either

217 vote(s)
    22.4%
  1. Noxia

Sgarrista

Many would say the base game is too much game as it is but it's good VFM if you don't get bored before finishing it. Another game that made me wish Sony hurry up and enabled VRR, always seems to be Ubisoft games wit the screen tearing.

2. Armageus

Don

3. Plainsong

Sgarrista

I’ll give Mortal Shell a go and grab the others. Shame about that Godfall edition I fancied giving the campaign a go.

4. Noxia

Sgarrista

Godfall is only £15 at CEX, possibly cheaper elsewhere, not really looked.

5. MOOGLEYS

Capodecina

Sony really have cheaped out with a gimped Godfall. It’s pretty much the worst PS5 game so wouldn’t have been much for them to include the full game.

6. Noxia

Sgarrista

Agree, with the insane value of Gamepass you'd think they'd be doing a bit more than releasing what is basically a demo.

So a paid demo then.

7. Plainsong

Sgarrista

Not really that fussed in buying it but I would’ve given it a go for ‘free’. It’s meant to be pretty crap so no great loss. Speaking of CEX they have Outriders for £18 so I think I’ll grab that now that the free DLC is out. Fancy some shooting and looting for a change of pace.

8. Noxia

Sgarrista

Yeah it was never a £70 launch game. I quite enjoyed Outriders but as with all games like that I tend to get bored quickish, exception was Division 2.

Got Persona 5 Royale from Turkish store too for £10. Not that I ever finished the original. Yakuza remastered collection is also under a tenner.

9. Random Guy Esq.

Mobster

10. Noxia

Sgarrista

Who is that guy? Bloomberg is sus

11. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

That’s inevitable surely?

12. Plainsong

Sgarrista

He’s ex Kotaku. Actually pretty decent.

I believe it’s coming either way.

13. Noxia

Sgarrista

I feel they have to because GP is lightyears ahead of anything Sony offers, that's before you even get into the upscaled back compat titles etc. All round better package currently, but would be good to see the playing field levelled.

14. EdwardTeach

Mobster

Schreier is a very reliable/respected journalist, who has had a lot of scoops.

15. theone8181

Soldato

Surely you'd include ps3 games too?

16. DIABLO

Soldato

To be fair though half of it is probably game schedules being pushed into 2022.

17. DIABLO

Soldato

Sony are not going to compete with GP. GP loses Microsoft money. There is no way on this earth that Sony will put it's games on a day-1 sub.

They probably have room to improve PlayStation Now, but it will never be GP. Until the subs improve massively.

Last edited: 3 Dec 2021
  18. ic1male

Caporegime

I've had a quick scan of the article - it suggests that PS Now will be the most expensive option. Which kind of makes it annoying for PC gamers who want to access the PS library because then they have to pay for PS+ which they can't use. This is the route I am going to take. But I suppose this is all speculation and we'll have to see what is actually announced.

19. lovelyhead

Wise Guy

I can't see Sony's version of Gamepass being as good as Microsoft's. I just can't see them adding day 1 releases and they won't be able to compete on price as you can get Gamepass for free if you are willing to earn Microsoft Reward Points.

I would love to be proved wrong though as a PS5 would go straight on my wish list if they were competitive. As it stands though £70 PS5 games are just such bad value compared to Gamepass.

20. theone8181

Soldato

I think paying that for any game format is bad value. I'm just amazed at how many big titles they release on it. Surely if Sony did something similar it would have to be the same price as gamepass anyway.