Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime

fez

fez

Caporegime
No issues with rest mode and I have been giving it a beating recently. I have a Switch and honestly the instant on was on of the best things about it. The PS5 is not really any more work or much slower. Takes about 20s to be back in a game. The TV sorting its life out takes longer.

Soldato
So PS5 people, where are we at with all the little niggles that seemed to affect the operating system at launch? Is rest mode now stable? Do the USB ports behave with external HDD/SSDs connected?

No issues with test mode itself but the external HD I have hooked up decided to throw up a message about not being properly ejected or something whilst watching YouTube (so HD hadn’t been touched).No idea what that was about but haven’t seen it since and it all works as expected.

Other than that the console has been brilliant. Just want to get some black covers for it now.

Associate
Is it even available as a standalone game? The remaster I mean. I own it already via the Ultimate Edition so I can't check.

I don't have the game but having checked YouTube and reddit people in the USA pay $20 for the upgrade. As the ultimate version is £20 more than the base version of miles on psn I would guess from in game it should be £20, unfortunately I've not found any comments or videos from uk based players to confirm the price here.

Soldato
I don't have the game but having checked YouTube and reddit people in the USA pay $20 for the upgrade. As the ultimate version is £20 more than the base version of miles on psn I would guess from in game it should be £20, unfortunately I've not found any comments or videos from uk based players to confirm the price here.
Might be worth a shot though as Miles Morales can be got pretty cheap second hand. Also noticed that Spiderman is the deal of the week on PSN for the PS4 version at 60% off maybe it can be upgraded that way.

Soldato
Apart from Horizon II, I'm most looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about with Ghost of Tsushima and the Spider-man games. Could have played them on PS4 but I wanted to wait for moar frames.
The performance increase is great. I’m playing through Tsushima again now for the DLC. I waited on both of those games as well. The first HZD got a 60fps patch as well. Finished it for the first time in December. Really excited for HZD2 and then GT7.

Associate
No 120fps mode for GT7 is a bit disappointing.
As long as they bring back career mode with loads of rally races I'll be sold.

On a separate note has anyone seen youtube clips of the upcoming lego star wars game, I might be close to 50 but it put a huge smile on my face. All 9 films covered and a really nice art style and the combat looks good.

Soldato
As long as they bring back career mode with loads of rally races I'll be sold.

On a separate note has anyone seen youtube clips of the upcoming lego star wars game, I might be close to 50 but it put a huge smile on my face. All 9 films covered and a really nice art style and the combat looks good.
Snyths sent me an email, 6th April release date. It's been a long time coming, iirc it was originally due out last year. Quite reasonable price too for a ps5 game. I'm quite excites too, I've played pretty much every lego game so far:D.

Soldato
I've gone the other way horizon and elden ring on pre order and will wait for reviews on gt7 especially the career mode which I missed badly in sport.

Yeah, so many games out in next month or so which look tempting.

Horizon: forbidden west
Elden ring
Gran Turismo 7

Seems odd Sony releasing GT7 and HFW so close together actually? Will probably just get GT7 unless the reviews for the others are particularly exceptional.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Oh, oh, OH, it's here! It's nowhere near as big as I was expecting, biggish but not massive. And the colour is more white with a hint of PSone grey. Going to use a SATA SSD for PS4 games until I get a feel for how much space things are taking up. See you all in a few days. :p

Back
Top Bottom