• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Caporegime
One thing I've noticed with coming out of rest mode - I hear the startup jingle with the TV displaying a black screen but don't get the login menu animation until five seconds later. Doesn't do it consistently but every now and then.

Associate
Could you please link/show where in any of Sony's documentation, digital or physical, where it states rest mode should not be used if using a USB SSD? Wouldn't it be disabled automatically if it detects this if that was the case, the device ID be on a blacklist?
There isnt any of course - but what is well documented on here is that this guy is full of it

Soldato
So is Essential basically what used to be just the Playstation Plus?

Looking at all the games that are available tempted to upgrade, anyone gone for Premium?
I got put in it automatically because I am a Now subscriber. It’s basically the best of all worlds if you have Premium. Personally, for me, well worth a few pound extra. Though as I understand it my price is still fixed as per my Now sub but that will no doubt change at some point.

Caporegime
I got put in it automatically because I am a Now subscriber. It’s basically the best of all worlds if you have Premium. Personally, for me, well worth a few pound extra. Though as I understand it my price is still fixed as per my Now sub but that will no doubt change at some point.

Huh? Do you mean you’ll only have to pay £49.99 to renew Premium for 12 months? I haven’t looked to see what my billing says.

Associate
I mucked up and missed out on a free year of PS+ Premium because I didn't extend my PS Now in May (didn't know about the offer at the time).

I like the look of the new service, particularly the Extra tier however without discounts it's hard to justify when I already have GP Ultimate, NSO+Exp Pack and a sizeable backlog. I suppose you can say that about any subscription service though. I can see myself upgrading possibly at some point, although I want to dent my backlog a bit first.

Last edited:
Soldato
Huh? Do you mean you’ll only have to pay £49.99 to renew Premium for 12 months? I haven’t looked to see what my billing says.
No I pay £8.99 a month for my Now sub currently and as far as I know from reading the bumpf that’s what I will continue to do. I’ll check it again later to see if anything has changed now this has launched.

Soldato
So it’s showing a PS Now payment of £8.99 due on 09/07 then there’s a new Upcoming plan change to PS Premium of £8.99 due on 31/07. I’ll check it again after the 9th to see what’s changed if anything.

Back
Top Bottom