• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
Anyone else had a weird problem with game installs? I installed Dirt 5 and let it completely finish installing from disc and it downloaded and installed the 4.7GB update then I played it for an hour or so. After that I took the disc out to install another game and left it for a while. Then I went back to Dirt 5 and it started installing the game and downloading the update again from scratch. Most strange.

Did think something was odd when it was installing 46GB from disc yet only reported the game as taking 21GB in system storage. I'll have to have a look at how much space it reckons it's using this second time. The only thing I did the first time was hit the "copy" button that appears for a while after first putting a disc in which then throws up an error but it carries on installing anyway. I've since learnt that you can just ignore the copy button and it'll crack on with installing after a few seconds.

Yeah it seems to be a bug. If you install it manually it'll uninstall when you remove the disc, but if you let it do its thing, it'll stay there.

Soldato
It is great, the triggers and haptics really are a big deal and the shape of the controller is excellent. The weight of it is great too, it's spot on.

Soldato
Are you talking logging in to your PSN account? If so, I had this. Pressed back and tried again and was straight in to account log in. Seems like a glitch where it just hangs. I am finding a similar thing with some of the other menu features. Pressing back and then reselecting seems to fix the hanging.

Hi, sorry I wasn't very clear with that, it was the initial software update after turning it on for the first time.

We waited about an hour before I decided to turn it off, I hate turning things off during an update but it was doing nothing, after a restart I skipped the update option and let the console boot up, it took a whole 5 minutes after selecting the update.

Soldato
Anyone else had a weird problem with game installs? I installed Dirt 5 and let it completely finish installing from disc and it downloaded and installed the 4.7GB update then I played it for an hour or so. After that I took the disc out to install another game and left it for a while. Then I went back to Dirt 5 and it started installing the game and downloading the update again from scratch. Most strange.
I actually had this happen with the digital version of Dirt 5 and God of War, both installed and then when trying to play I couldn't, told had to wait for them to download again although they didn't need to download again, rebooted and fixed, odd.

Soldato
I wondered why I now have to give a OTP to the Amazon driver! Is this new? Mine is out for delivery today (ordered yesterday)

My mate who lives in Kent is expecting his tomorrow from Amazon, he's been told he'll get a password 6 hours before delivery. Not aware of that happening yesterday though (or any other time for that matter!), and I didn't need a password for mine.

Caporegime
My mate who lives in Kent is expecting his tomorrow from Amazon, he's been told he'll get a password 6 hours before delivery. Not aware of that happening yesterday though (or any other time for that matter!), and I didn't need a password for mine.

I wouldn't be surprised if this has made amazon higher ups **** the bed and put extra security in place.

This is a ******* PR disaster for them.

Man of Honour
Had mine delivered fine yesterday from Amazon, but am rather disappointed by the amount of bugs/issues.

firstly I’ve had what sounds like a fairly common issue where it won’t update games, refused to update.
Then when I took the disc out, it deleted the whole bloody game from the installation and wouldn’t let me reinstall Spider-Man. Overall quite poor day 1 experience!

Soldato
Has anyone else got a rather large amount of space used by "Other" on theirs? Currently I have 4 games installed - Astro, Dirt 5, Spiderman and Sackboy. I've not even played Spiderman or Sackboy yet, but my "Other" is 43GB. I'm more concerned about that creeping up in future rather than the size of the actual game installs because you can't manage anything to do with it.

iphone1045.jpg

Soldato
Has anyone else got a rather large amount of space used by "Other" on theirs? Currently I have 4 games installed - Astro, Dirt 5, Spiderman and Sackboy. I've not even played Spiderman or Sackboy yet, but my "Other" is 43GB. I'm more concerned about that creeping up in future rather than the size of the actual game installs because you can't manage anything to do with it.

iphone1045.jpg

System reserves (yes its a lot!) nothing we can do and it will creep up as updates go on.

Back
Top Bottom