• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Has anyone considered sending their PS5 back or for repair because of the coilwhine?

I find it really jarring at times.

Mine went back due to gpu problems, from the time I posted it to sony, to the time I got my replacement, was a week exactly. Was quoted 14-20 days originally, however I did kick up a fuss on twitter regarding this being a day one launch console and was already being returned less than 24 hours later. The customer services was 50-50, the initial chap I spoke to was superb, after that it all went down hill and they didn’t know their *** from their elbow. Touch wood so far my replacement is 110% perfect, and very very quiet.

Soldato
Mine went back due to gpu problems, from the time I posted it to sony, to the time I got my replacement, was a week exactly. Was quoted 14-20 days originally, however I did kick up a fuss on twitter regarding this being a day one launch console and was already being returned less than 24 hours later. The customer services was 50-50, the initial chap I spoke to was superb, after that it all went down hill and they didn’t know their *** from their elbow. Touch wood so far my replacement is 110% perfect, and very very quiet.

That's a good turnaround time.

Who did you purchase from? I'm surprised Sony didn't just send you back to the retailer.

Associate
For once (touch wood) I seem to be lucky/fortunate with new hardware. Only suffered a couple of game crashes, which I guess is to be expected. Other than that, nothing. I often play after the kids have gone to bed with sound turned right down. PS4 Pro was not enjoyable in some games like this due to the volume of the fans but PS5 is pretty much silent, including playing discs.

Had a pop up notification after I logged in last night that one of my friends had beaten my speedrun time in Astro's Playroom, clicked the button to take me to the level and it was instantaneous - loving little things like this and looking forward to gaming on it for the next few years :D

Caporegime
Has anyone considered sending their PS5 back or for repair because of the coilwhine?

I find it really jarring at times.

Personally i could not bare anything like that (if it is as bad as some of the videos i have seen of the issue). I am hyper sensitive to noise/drones and buzzing etc so it would be going straight back.

Associate
Got to the bottom of why the ps5 wasn’t recognising my HDR TV as having 2160p/hdr (it would only allow 1080p/hdr) seems only hdmi ports 3 & 4 can be used for this.

I wouldn’t have bothered normally but when I compared hdr to non hdr I decided it was worth moving the other devices about.

5S4zCWY.jpg.png

RvGyUPf

Soldato
Mine from EE has just arrived :D Very happy although they didnt send me any dispatch info and tried to deliver on Saturday and then again on Sunday but managed to get it changed to today.

Just need the Pulse 3D headphones to go with it now.

Associate
Got an email saying my ShopTo preorder will be shipped out today! So surprised considering they were up for ages, wasn't expecting anything until near Christmas.

Soldato
Yeah mine was around 95GB when I checked it. I've been installing things for the sake of it and it fills up fast. So I've been asking myself do I really need this installed while I am invested in something else? If the answer is no then I've been removing them. It just adds to whatever is held in other. It's at around 45GB now.

Soldato
My ‘other’ was big. I’m not certain but I think it got quite a lot smaller when I deleted the whole Astrobot trophy capture folder. I wish I had checked the size before and after but I’m pretty sure it made a difference

Back
Top Bottom