• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Associate
If anyone is interested in the dualsense charger - it looks like Argos have stock coming in on Wednesday. I’ve managed to order it for collection on Wednesday next week and all local stores are showing the same
Such a good buy, i received mine last week and i will never go back charging using a cable especially with how short the battery lasts

Soldato
Such a good buy, i received mine last week and i will never go back charging using a cable especially with how short the battery lasts

i had given up looking for one as always seemed out of stock. Then just thought I’d randomly check and saw it, so I had no idea it has been in stock recently! Amazon still seems out of stock though

Caporegime
Amazing that you still can't buy these for love nor money, and we're deep into March.

No, I don't bother following Discord alerts of any of that crap. Too many (better) things to do.

If I can't just go my store of choice and order one then as far as I'm concerned it's not available.

Soldato
Anyone had any troubles with the mesh covering coming off the headset (earpiece covering)? My lad’s headset has started to do this, and the same thing happened before with his PS4 headset.

I’ll probably just glue it back myself but wondered if it was a common issue? Also, does anyone know what sort of adhesive is best to use? Thanks

Associate
If anyone is interested in the dualsense charger - it looks like Argos have stock coming in on Wednesday. I’ve managed to order it for collection on Wednesday next week and all local stores are showing the same

@Naan_H - cheers for the heads up, your tip helped me and my son get a charging dock each, coming this Wednesday.
Thank you again

zia

zia

Associate
Been hoping to bag one everytime a discord alerts me that they are dropping,but carn't seem to get there before the bots......

Zia

Caporegime
Been hoping to bag one everytime a discord alerts me that they are dropping,but carn't seem to get there before the bots......

Zia

You need to get better discord alerts.

All retailers are stopping bots and multiple orders. Even from past customers. For example if I got one on launch from shopto. I am not allowed to order another in any of the drops. They have checks in place.

Or do all these bots have access to different names, addresses and payment details to then procure all the consoles? That's if they get past captcha, etc.

The simple fact is if you haven't got one yet you're too slow. Bots haven't been a thing for a while now.

Why don't you go see how much the console is now selling for, by whom and how many they have for sale on eBay / gumtree. It's individual consoles because that's all anyone can order. Bots aren't buying consoles in the hundreds and I doubt it was much of an issue to begin with. Yeah some managed to do it but with all the publicity it got retailers stopped them. After all they would rather they had 10,000 happy customers than one who is in it just for money and unlikely to use them again in future.

Associate
So with the release of the new Xbox headset and one of the features being you can use it on the console AND PC at the same time, so you could sit in discord on PC, whilst gaming and the Xbox.
Does the PS5 have a headset that can do this? Connect to both PS5 and PC at the same time?

Soldato
I think my PS4 Pro is starting to slow down now so I've started looking around for the PS5.

I'm surprised that there are still stock issues. I usually buy from Amazon or GAME.

I wish places like GAME would have given priority to people who are actually registered members of their site instead of allowing people to buy them without signing up. I think that would have slowed the scalpers down. It would have also allowed them to have more control the sales flow.

These hardware companies really need to start making a list of enforcements to online retailers to follow certain rules, or this scalping situation is going to happen everytime a big named product comes out.

Soldato
I think my PS4 Pro is starting to slow down now so I've started looking around for the PS5.

I'm surprised that there are still stock issues. I usually buy from Amazon or GAME.

I wish places like GAME would have given priority to people who are actually registered members of their site instead of allowing people to buy them without signing up. I think that would have slowed the scalpers down. It would have also allowed them to have more control the sales flow.

These hardware companies really need to start making a list of enforcements to online retailers to follow certain rules, or this scalping situation is going to happen everytime a big named product comes out.

Cannot be done - Sony need retailers a lot more than retailers need Sony.
A retailer is not making much profit on a PS5 sale and if Sony suddenly turned around and told Amazon for example "No PS5's for you", it's going to be Sony that comes out of it a lot worse than Amazon do.

Soldato
Cannot be done - Sony need retailers a lot more than retailers need Sony.
A retailer is not making much profit on a PS5 sale and if Sony suddenly turned around and told Amazon for example "No PS5's for you", it's going to be Sony that comes out of it a lot worse than Amazon do.

Does Amazon allow a person to buy something without making an account?

Associate
Well I appear to have bagged a console at last, with an extra controller, Spiderman and Mortal Kombat (which I will sell on) from ShopTo for £590.00. Had confirmation from PayPal. We'll see!

Back
Top Bottom