• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Soldato
RT on these machines is exactly like I thought it would be ... pointless. Thankfully devs saw sense and at least gave people the option for 60fps instead..
Insomniac hit the sweet spot with their two Spider-Man games with a variable resolution and 60 fps with RT on.

Other than those games I'll always skip RT in favour of frames.

Soldato
I am all over Far Cry 6. Sure it'll no doubt be more of the same but that's no bad thing. I burnt out on Ubi games for a while but the setting appeals to me so I am willing to day 1 it - 60fps will be so nice to have in a game like this. I am not in to the annual FIFA, COD, BF cycle (OK maybe not BF but you get the idea) so there isn't a lot else coming out this year that appeals so FC6 it is for me.

Man of Honour
Well initial impressions are great. The controller is particularly impressive, leaps and bounds ahead of the XSX. I like the menus too. I am currently downloading most of the PSplus PS5 collection.

I’ve started with God of War and it has me hooked already. The sounds are particularly impressive. Had a whirl with astros playroom - the feeing of the different surfaces is pretty neat.

The pulse 3D headset is great. Not quite as much bass as my TB700gen2 XSX headset, but decent positional audio. Very comfortable too, I can barely tell I'm wearing it.

Now that I’ve worked out how to turn the console on and off and how to get to the Home Screen, I’m good to go :p

My HDMI switch is working perfectly so far and my extra cables are outputting 4K 120fps which is a relief after a fair bit of research.

The only thing that I really really miss - quick resume! My goodness, I have to actually think about where I’m leaving the game.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well initial impressions are great. The controller is particularly impressive, leaps and bounds ahead of the XSX. I like the menus too. I am currently downloading most of the PSplus PS5 collection.

I’ve started with God of War and it has be hooked already. The sounds are particularly impressive. Had a whirl with astros playroom - the feeing of the different surfaces is pretty neat.

The pulse 3D headset is great. Not quite as much bass as my TB700gen2 XSX headset, but decent positional audio. Very comfortable too, I can barely tell I'm wearing it.

Now that I’ve worked out how to turn the console on and off and how to get to the Home Screen, I’m good to go :p

My HDMI switch is working perfectly so far and my extra cables are outputting 4K 120fps which is a relief after a fair bit of research.

The only thing that I really really miss - quick resume! My goodness, I have to actually think about where I’m leaving the game.

the dual sense controller is really impressive, in returnal they have used it really well with the triggers being different for each weapon type, and you can feel the rain in the rumble and it somehow feels like it’s hitting different spots on the controller.

Soldato

I’ve started with God of War and it has be hooked already. The sounds are particularly impressive. Had a whirl with astros playroom - the feeing of the different surfaces is pretty neat.

I was wondering if they'd implemented a quick resume on the ps5. I hope they patch it in.

Soldato
Getting Hotstock alerts that Rainforest have stock - link from Hotstock allows me to put an item in basket, however generally browsing the site just gives me "not available".

Back
Top Bottom