• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
That’s good news. How easy was it to replace ? Shame about the price , seems steep for a fan.

Yeah easy to replace.

Been keeping an eye on prices for a while and they haven't change so just took the plunge and got one yeah it's expensive but not much choice unfortunately.

I've had the side panel off a few times and tried reseating the old fan even using the rubber O rings method.

As long as you've got the torex screw driver it's easy.

Soldato
Imagine having to move your hand to press the off button. So annoying.

Lolz :cry:

I actually turned the TV link off because it was turning my console on (can't remember if it was PS5 or XSX) whenever I turned my TV on and even if I wasn't playing on that console. So now I have the hassle of having to press the power button on my TV remote :p

Soldato
Lolz :cry:

I actually turned the TV link off because it was turning my console on (can't remember if it was PS5 or XSX) whenever I turned my TV on and even if I wasn't playing on that console. So now I have the hassle of having to press the power button on my TV remote :p

I like that the device wakes up the TV but I don't like it remembering and launching the last device you used when you turn on the TV. Mostly mine is the PS5 so it generally defaults to that. A way around it (if you just want to watch a streaming service etc) is to just press the Netflix or Amazon Prime button on the remote which will launch the app and turn on the TV without launching the console as well.

Soldato
How bad is it just having 500gb on these consoles. I don't get much gaming time so I usually play one or two games at a time, will that be fine or do I seriously need to look into investing into more storage?

Its been overhyped as an issue.

You can buy cheap spindle usb storage, to avoid the need to have to delete and redownload/install games.

If you flush with cash and dont mind paying the premium you can pay a premium for additional nvme storage.

Ultimately its much better to have the PS5 at its current price point with the current level of storage. vs it coming with say 2TB and costing an extra £200.

Soldato
Just replaced the fan in my PS5.

Ever since the first power on of the PS5 back in April I've never been happy with the fan noise. Far to loud and irritating for a £450 brand new console.

Sony refused to acknowledge there was a problem after 2 weeks away at the repair centre.

Mine has the 17 blade fan I've just replaced it with a 23 blade fan from Amazon for £76.10 believe it's come from China couldn't find any local.

So much better more or less silent now very happy.

Mine rattles when idling on the dash, so its teaching me to put it to sleep when not using it. ;)

Soldato
You know, I have 1TB SSD installed and also 4TB HDD. I downloaded the PSN Collection and I the settings I must have set all PS4 games to go to the HDD.

I started playing God of War and honestly had no idea that I was playing it from the HDD, it loads plenty fast enough for me.

Yep, not all of the loading time improvements is down to the storage, the cpu is also a factor.

FF15 loads faster from my external storage on the new consoles vs of a SSD on my PS4. Was bottlenecked by jaguar cores.

Associate
I just got one of curry's vip codes, if anyone wants I will send in DM.

In the interest of transparency and fairness, @MarkeR has already had two codes from this thread in recent days.

Please give it to someone else to make it a bit fairer.

Yeah, I do know I’m not the thread / PS5 police. He might not even ask for it but just in case! :)

Soldato
In the interest of transparency and fairness, @MarkeR has already had two codes from this thread in recent days.

Please give it to someone else to make it a bit fairer.

Yeah, I do know I’m not the thread / PS5 police. He might not even ask for it but just in case! :)

Thanks, also I will add please dont just DM me, I will check posting history. I expect the request in this thread, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom