• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Corsair mp600 core 1TB is less than a hundred now, compatible and comes with a chonky heatsink (you have to leave the ps5 SSD bay cover plate off though). Some bargain storage about at the moment :eek:

Soldato
PlayStation VR 2 Specs:

Resolution 2,000 x 2,040 (4.1MP) per-eye, OLED, HDR
Refresh Rate 120Hz
Field-of-view 110°
Optical Adjustments Physical IPD Adjustment
Connectors USB-C (single cable)
Tracking Inside-out (no external beacons), Eye-Tracking
On-board cameras 4x Cameras
Input Motion controllers (rechargable battery), Eye-Tracking
Audio Built in 3D speakers, 3.5mm aux output
Microphone Yes
Haptics Yes (Controllers and Headset)

Features for the controllers:

* USB-C fast charging ports
* Bluetooth 5.1 connection
* Rechargeable batteries
* 6DoF tracking
* Finger tracking
* Haptics and specialized haptic triggers (like the DualSense controller)

Soldato
The more I read up on how these specs compare to PC headsets the more I worry about price

I thought it would come in at $499 but I'm now thinking $599 or $699. This headset is crazy impressive.

when psvr1 launched it had no features that pc vr headsets didn't have and it's overall specs were below the first gen pcvr headsets. But PSVR2 has several features not found on pcvr and it's screen is class leading, it's the first implementation of a 4k 120hz HDR certified OLED screen in a VR headset.

The reason I feel the price needs to be nearly double that of psvr1 is not just because the specs are so impressive but because the sales will be low and Sony is accepting that. The new headset is launching just 2 years into the PS5 life cycle and so the potential player base is still low and therefore sales will be low and low sales means you need to charge a higher price to recover cost

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't know a huge amount about VR but the specs look impressive and it's coming at a time where PC VR is incredibly inaccessible due to cost and issues sourcing GPUs etc, so Sony could have a real advantage. If they can secure HL Alyx for it, I'm totally sold.

Soldato
This will likely be my first VR headset, I tried my brother's new Oculus over Christmas and was impressed with the improvements since I last tried VR a few years back. Sounds like this will be even better!

Soldato
The fact it needs a usb cable really puts me off.
Why?

It's just a single little cable. With the amount of data being transfered in both directions it's surely better to have a cable for it.

At least it won't have the break out box and mess of cables the current PS VR uses. Plus all the headset tracking is done on the headset with its cameras.

Also I'd rather a cable then it's powered and you can play as long as you want, rather than having to stop as the battery needs charging.
Did the original PS4 VR allow you to put in prescription lenses like you can with the Oculus Quest?
No it didn't. But you can use it with glasses on easily.

Soldato
Why?

It's just a single little cable. With the amount of data being transfered in both directions it's surely better to have a cable for it.

At least it won't have the break out box and mess of cables the current PS VR uses. Plus all the headset tracking is done on the headset with its cameras.

Also I'd rather a cable then it's powered and you can play as long as you want, rather than having to stop as the battery needs charging.
No it didn't. But you can use it with glasses on easily.
You just can't turn around.

Associate
You just can't turn around.

No excuse not to get creative with a ceiling mounted, free pivoting console mount, think of the social media possibilities :p.

The PSVR1 cable was a bit hefty but it genuinely didn't prevent movement as you were aware of it. Camera tracking was the biggest restriction.

I am looking to forward to this and will be selling any spare organs to fund it.

On a sad note the headband my Gold 2.0 headset cracked last night when I put them back on during a quick break playing Deathloop at 2am. Currently gaffer taped to hold them together but very uncomfortable now. Not going to be able to get the new headset just yet, thanks to a new washing machine over Christmas (grrrr).

Back
Top Bottom