• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Anyone had problems with their R2 trigger buttons on the PS5 controller? I've had the springs break in 2 controllers now causing the button to become over sensitive to the slightest touch. Ive took the springs out of an old ps4 controller and they seem to work ok for now but this deffo seems like a weak point to me.

Soldato
PS5 Beta firmware code, has 4 uses left at time of posting - L2TF-PXNE-L54G

Main updates from this System Software Beta Program:

• PS5 Game Base enhancements
o Now when you start a party, you can select either an open party or a closed party.
o Voice chats are now called parties
o For easier access, we’ve divided Game Base into three tabs: [Friends], [Parties], [Messages].

• New PS5 UI features
o Sort your game collection by genre
o Keep the games or apps you choose on your home screen
o Start Share Screen from the Create menu

• Accessibility Features
o More Screen Reader languages
o Mono audio for headphones
o Check marks for enabled settings

• Voice Command Preview (U.S. and U.K. limited release)
o Feature that enables voice commands for finding and opening games, apps and settings, as well as controlling media playback.

You can read more information about features available in this System Software Beta Program by visiting this section of your PS5 console:
Settings > System > System Software > About the Beta Program.

Soldato
Anyone had problems with their R2 trigger buttons on the PS5 controller? I've had the springs break in 2 controllers now causing the button to become over sensitive to the slightest touch. Ive took the springs out of an old ps4 controller and they seem to work ok for now but this deffo seems like a weak point to me.

Yeah it is, you can buy springs online.

I've replaced one already myself.

Associate

Had this and RMA'd it, got a brand new controller back. However it took almost a month probably? So I hope you have a back up if that's the route you want to go down!

Soldato
P5 or P5 Plus? The P5 doesn't appear to meet the recommended performance spec.

Aye, P5 Plus, that together with a HS for under £120 was about as good as I could find for one I could see that stated it was suitable for PS5.

My bundle has Horizon FW, which is handy as I wanted that, but means I wont get the console till release (or near) of the game ... then I may just have finished that when GT7 comes out :cool:
I guess, it will be a code rather than physical, which is a shame, I know digital is convenient but you cant sell it after you've completed the game !

Hoping the new controller works well for feedback and feel.
I really am a fan of the FFB and feel in Forza games, but the franchise has been going downhill for some time.
On the ps4 I couldn't get on with the stock controller on GT sport, but found it much better with the Nacon Pro. (even better with my wheel, but TBH I want the console for playing on the big TV on the sofa :p).
After I started using the Nacon, GT really came to life for me, so I guess worst case, I still have the Nacon so can use that.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Whose silly idea was it to have the expansion to Horizon: Zero Dawn and the sequel have the same initials. Makes it much harder to tell which one people are talking about.

Associate
Currys' GT7 pre-order is live, £59.50 with promo code 'RACE'. No anniversary ed. unfortunately that I could see. I had a refund on a Currys gift card so put that to use :).

Soldato
What do we make of this ? Looks interesting ?

edit : ah, I thought this was a new AI for GT7. Seems it’s not ? Never mind.

https://www.ai.sony/articles/sonyai009/
It is coming to GT7 at a later date, one of the you tube videos show the June and October human vs ai races and you can see how the AI racing has improved. The part I thought is interesting is that this is the cover story of Nature magazine one of the most prestigious science journals in the world and not just some gaming buzzword.

Soldato
It is coming to GT7 at a later date, one of the you tube videos show the June and October human vs ai races and you can see how the AI racing has improved. The part I thought is interesting is that this is the cover story of Nature magazine one of the most prestigious science journals in the world and not just some gaming buzzword.
That’s great news. Can’t wait to try some racing against this new AI. I saw that it was on the cover of that magazine too.

Hopefully gone are the on rails racing AI and we get a bit more agressive defensive/offensive ai this time.

V F

V F

Soldato
Who's got *coughs* Horizon 2 on pre-order? Tempted to put in a pre-order for it on PSN. Shame I cannot get a PS5 for it.

Associate
Currys' GT7 pre-order is live, £59.50 with promo code 'RACE'. No anniversary ed. unfortunately that I could see. I had a refund on a Currys gift card so put that to use :).

I pre ordered resi 8 on ps5 with them and it never arrived, so I'm taking no chances and getting digital for gt7. By the time I get credit cheaper from cdkeys it should knock a few quid off.

Associate
Just got code to see Uncharted in cinema (Cineworld) for buying the Uncharted remastered. Damn it looks good in 4K/30 (with TV interpolation otherwise it's abit jank).

Soldato
Just got my code too. Shame I’ve no cineworld near me. Oh well :p

got a new TV this afternoon. Been trying out my ps5 and some games. Jumped from a 43” to a 55”. Much improved !

Soldato
Just got my code too. Shame I’ve no cineworld near me. Oh well :p

got a new TV this afternoon. Been trying out my ps5 and some games. Jumped from a 43” to a 55”. Much improved !
The only way is up from there! My last upgrade was from a 42 to a 58 and initially thought it was enormous…now I want a 65 :p

Back
Top Bottom