• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
had the disc for horizon zero dawn sitting here for a while now and figured id better start playing it as my ps5 came with forbidden west, dang it looks really good for a ps4 game and starting to really get into it :)

finished my first run through of demons souls remake last night and i gotta say it is a amazing job that blue point done, i was dreading the penetrator fight but nailed him on the first try with a crushing battle axe+5 purple flame shield and burrowers armour, i think i have improved in souls games a lot since my first time with the ps3 version, poor elden ring pc version is on the back burner at the moment :)

loving the ps5 :D

Soldato
had the disc for horizon zero dawn sitting here for a while now and figured id better start playing it as my ps5 came with forbidden west, dang it looks really good for a ps4 game and starting to really get into it :)

finished my first run through of demons souls remake last night and i gotta say it is a amazing job that blue point done, i was dreading the penetrator fight but nailed him on the first try with a crushing battle axe+5 purple flame shield and burrowers armour, i think i have improved in souls games a lot since my first time with the ps3 version, poor elden ring pc version is on the back burner at the moment :)

loving the ps5 :D
I found going back to Demons that the bosses are a lot easier than some of the DS bosses we got later. You need to crack on with Elden Ring it’s up there with the best of them :)

Soldato
I found going back to Demons that the bosses are a lot easier than some of the DS bosses we got later. You need to crack on with Elden Ring it’s up there with the best of them :)

hehe yeh they were a lot easier than i remember and i went pure melee this time while my first time on the ps3 i went royal and used a bit of magic/bows/melee etc and resorted to cheesing a few bosses, i went knight this time and pumped all my points into strength/endurance and vitality, lvl 74 at moment and no cheese but the armoured spider gave me a rough time untill i realised its fire attacks get rid of the slow webbing stuff that was screwing me up if i failed to dodge it lol

got about 79 hours on elden ring but so many ps5 games to play as well and loving the new toy :)

edit: grabbed nioh 2 ps4 version on disc as well but they sent me the american version, had to make a usa account to get the free ps5 upgrade but all sorted :)

edit 2 : my dad also has a ps5 now and we both went over board on buying games lol

2 weeks after setting up stock alerts on stock checker on discord and we have 2 disc ps5s, mine from currys and dads from bt store, bundles though :)

Last edited:
Don
1 year from date of purchase with sony I believe.

However I'd still contact Sony as their out of warranty repairs always used to be reasonably priced (seem to remember my sister getting a PSP screen replaced after she dropped it, for something like £29 via a Sony engineer who came out to do it)

Associate
1 year from date of purchase with sony I believe.

However I'd still contact Sony as their out of warranty repairs always used to be reasonably priced (seem to remember my sister getting a PSP screen replaced after she dropped it, for something like £29 via a Sony engineer who came out to do it)
i always thought it was 2 years if somethng stopped working they had to repair it ?

i've been lucky thus far all my consoles have worked for years think my brother still has my old xbox one x i bought on launch nearly 5 years ago

Don
i always thought it was 2 years if somethng stopped working they had to repair it ?

i've been lucky thus far all my consoles have worked for years think my brother still has my old xbox one x i bought on launch nearly 5 years ago

1 Year as per this link:
https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/warranties/

Sony said:
Our Guarantee to you: SIEE guarantees that this Product is free from defects in materials and workmanship that result in Product failure during normal usage in accordance with the terms set out below and will, for a period of 1 (one) year from the date of original purchase (the "Guarantee Period"), repair or, at SIEE's option, replace any component part of this Product, free of charge, where it is faulty due to defective materials or workmanship. Replacement will be with a new or, at SIEE's option, refurbished component or console, which is guaranteed for the longer of 3 (three) months and the remainder of the original Guarantee Period. This Guarantee does not cover your data; any software or PlayStation® games whether or not packaged or included with the Product; any PlayStation® peripherals that are not manufactured by or for SIEE; or any PlayStation® accessories.

Only other option is to pursue consumer rights, which says something along the lines of "Goods should last a reasonable amount of time"

CAB said:
Your rights depend on whether the item should’ve lasted this long. You’ll stand a better chance if it was particularly expensive or sold as high quality, premium or top of the range.

If the item should've lasted until now, you can ask for a repair, replacement or part-refund. It's up to you which one you ask for, but it's ultimately up to the seller which one they offer you.

It’s unlikely that the seller will give you a full refund. You could be offered a part-refund - the seller is entitled to deduct some of the money to account for how much you’ve used the item.

Return the item as soon as you can - your chances are better if you act quickly. Your consumer rights last for up to 6 years, depending on the quality and standard of the item when you bought it.
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/c...ne-wrong-with-a-purchase/return-faulty-goods/

Soldato
Which is fair enough - however, EU they are legally required to give 2 years and as most EU law applicable as of 31/12/2020 still remains in force, I would presume that this is also the case over here.
There has certainly been no revocation of consumer law.

Soldato
I’d try Sony support first off and see what they say. They could potentially offer support without issue. If that fails, then consumer rights are with the manufacturer I believe, whereas the warranty is via the reseller.

Associate
thought it was 2 years for most things

a friend bought an iphone afew years ago had to go back to the store after it broke down just over a year later the staff member repeated the above its only 1 year warranty but as soon as my friend mentioned consumer rights 2 years etc the staff member said they would repair it and didn't even quibble.

whether the staff member didn't want the bother of arguing about it and thats what made him agree to the repair i'm not sure.

Associate
So I noticed that the series X was available for some time on the likes of Amazon which tells me that stock is getting better, I was expecting an increase in PS5 availabilty but nothing has changed.

When is it going to get better?! It's been well over a year now.

Associate
Got my shipping notification for Lego Star Wars: Skywalker Saga Deluxe Edition :D. That is the first game I have preordered in years, let alone paid full price for, but it is going to be worth it for couch co-op.

Back
Top Bottom