• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
I thought premature console failure had stopped with the 360 (although I realise its impossible to have 100% pass rate).
With what, 20m PS5's sold, even a conservative fail rate of 1% would mean there are 200k faulty units out there - no electronics manufacturer is going to be producing something complex like a PS5 and not expecting some failures.
This isn't "premature console failure" you're just starting to hear about the expected number giving up the ghost.
This is nothing like the 360 - which was borderline criminal with what they pushed out to users.

Soldato
Just an update for those that may have to go through this in future.

Sony want £240 to either repair or provide a refurbished unit (if repair isn't possible). Postage is included as they are providing a pre-paid label. The repaired unit is guaranteed for 3 months.

Having discussed a bit further with the call handler, he agreed that consumer rights states that the console should have lasted longer than 1 year, however that contract is not with Sony it's with the retailer (Argos). I intend to have the console repaired and then attempt to recoup the costs from either Argos or the credit card company. Having evidence of a manufacturer repair (invoice) should support the claim.

Soldato
Just an update for those that may have to go through this in future.

Sony want £240 to either repair or provide a refurbished unit (if repair isn't possible). Postage is included as they are providing a pre-paid label. The repaired unit is guaranteed for 3 months.

Having discussed a bit further with the call handler, he agreed that consumer rights states that the console should have lasted longer than 1 year, however that contract is not with Sony it's with the retailer (Argos). I intend to have the console repaired and then attempt to recoup the costs from either Argos or the credit card company. Having evidence of a manufacturer repair (invoice) should support the claim.

dang that really sucks :(

Soldato
New PSVR2 details and high resolution screenshots in the latest copy of Play magazine

Click on the images to view in high resolution

Associate
looks interesting i got the psvr at launch lost interest soon after

then i decided to get the Quest 2 loved there were no wires but after afew months lost interest in that too i can see me getting the psvr 2 but will i lose interest hmmm
the problem i have with vr headsets is its uncomfortable to use for long periods i've never had a valve index i've heard good things about how comfortable it is when using it.

i wonder how long before Oculus launch Quest 3 now they know the specs of the PSVR 2.

Associate
Anyone having problems since the last update ?

Seem to have an issue now where nothing works until I have deleted and then re added the wifi every time.

Back
Top Bottom