• Digital Only Version

Votes: 170 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 659 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.6%

• Total voters
Caporegime
Another interesting snippet overnight. If you have stacked your PS+ membership (and that's all you have - no PS Now) we know you'll move over to the base PS+ Essential tier. But say you have it stacked for four years. If you want to upgrade to the next levels (Extra or Premium) you have to pay all that four years difference to do so. I hadn't even thought about that.

Soldato
Another interesting snippet overnight. If you have stacked your PS+ membership (and that's all you have - no PS Now) we know you'll move over to the base PS+ Essential tier. But say you have it stacked for four years. If you want to upgrade to the next levels (Extra or Premium) you have to pay all that four years difference to do so. I hadn't even thought about that.

That is a shame, you'd think they'd at least make it so it converts a year at a time.

Soldato
Picked up one of these in the last Argos stock drop. Enough exclusive games I want to play now to justify it, also after playing god of war at 60fps on pc, I don't want to play the sequel at 30 and I assume/hope it will have a lower res, but 60fps option on ps5.

First impressions are, well it's big. I knew it was big based on pictures and videos since it came out, but seeing it in person, it's huge. Also just as ugly as the pictures.

Dual sense I already used on pc, but is more comfortable than the DS4. Not sold on the triggers, was playing ratchet and clank and the adapative triggers were just annoying, so I've turned them off.

Noise, seems fine. Once the disc spins down, can't hear the console. Coil whine, If I put my ear right against the corner of it, can hear a little, but that's fine. Can't hear anything even when sitting right in front of the console. So I assume either the whine complaints are greatly exagerated or it's like gpus and it's a huge lottery.

Not sure I'm sold on the new interface, but will have to give it some time, probably just used to the ps4 one.

Game prices :eek:. I was going to grab some digital stuff for convenience, same as on pc. Someone is having a laugh though, £69.99 for Ratchet and Clank :cry:, wouldn't mind paying a little more for the convenience, but not that much more. So will stick to discs for now.

Caporegime
Noise, seems fine. Once the disc spins down, can't hear the console. Coil whine, If I put my ear right against the corner of it, can hear a little, but that's fine. Can't hear anything even when sitting right in front of the console. So I assume either the whine complaints are greatly exagerated or it's like gpus and it's a huge lottery.

Not sure I'm sold on the new interface, but will have to give it some time, probably just used to the ps4 one.

Mine is pretty noisy, I can definitely hear it in PS5 titles. But I'm so used to the 747-noise of the PS4 Pro that it doesn't bother me.

As for the UI, I love it. So much faster than PS4, it even makes the XBox Series UI feel like treacle.

Soldato
Picked up one of these in the last Argos stock drop. Enough exclusive games I want to play now to justify it, also after playing god of war at 60fps on pc, I don't want to play the sequel at 30 and I assume/hope it will have a lower res, but 60fps option on ps5.

First impressions are, well it's big. I knew it was big based on pictures and videos since it came out, but seeing it in person, it's huge. Also just as ugly as the pictures.

Dual sense I already used on pc, but is more comfortable than the DS4. Not sold on the triggers, was playing ratchet and clank and the adapative triggers were just annoying, so I've turned them off.

Game prices :eek:. I was going to grab some digital stuff for convenience, same as on pc. Someone is having a laugh though, £69.99 for Ratchet and Clank :cry:, wouldn't mind paying a little more for the convenience, but not that much more. So will stick to discs for now.
Buy PS4 games and get a free PS5 game upgrade in most cases :)

Soldato

AC Valhalla is £23 on the store if you like those kinds of games. Offers do come along fairly recently to be fair. £70 digital is crazy but I do bite occasionally - depends how much I think I’ll get out of it. Mostly I buy physical, sell it, then buy it again in a sale if it’s decent enough to want to play it again.

Soldato
How would they know how much you paid for it? (Assuming from outside ps store).
If you go to subscriptions management it should say if they had a discount applied. Mine says 25% on my current sub, think I bought that from Amazon.

All the posts regarding this are being purged from the PS5 Reddit :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato
If you go to subscriptions management it should say if they had a discount applied. Mine says 25% on my current sub, think I bought that from Amazon.

It's not being purged as they are trying to keep discussion in one thread. It is pretty heavily moderated though and easy to get banned without warning if you say one thing out of line.

Soldato
If they squirm out of upgrading my sub to the highest tier for the 6~ years that i have Plus i will be ******. As i am not paying hundreds of pounds to play the few games i am interested in playing on the Premium tier.

Man of Honour

You can’t say anything even remotely negative about Sony in that sub. Toxic as hell.

I think I have the highest tier til near the end of this decade, so I’ll have to work out whether it’s worth it or not.

Soldato
Some reports drifting in that the people are no longer getting charged extra to upgrade to a higher PS tier if they have a discounted sub. Hopefully people that upgraded already can get the extra money they paid back.

Soldato
No PS+ for me. Not interested in the fluff that comes with it and not paying for online play. Sony had it right with the ps3, basic online play free, all the extras if you want them locked behind a fee. Don't see why I should pay Sony, to play on servers hosted by other companies or worse, p2p. Then when it's f2p, suddenly it's ok, I can play without playing. Single player games only for me on console, until the fee is dropped.

I got Demon's Soul's as well. That and and ratchet will do me for now.

Whine is a little worse in some of the later more open, probably more demanding areas in Ratchet, but still nothing I would consider excessive. Still need to be pretty much on top of the console and sound off to hear it.

Don't know if I have fat fingers :p , but I find it a little awkward to get the disc out compared to other consoles due to the shape of the white plates, just slightly blocking my finger grabbing the hole in the disc. Nothing major, just seems like maybe the disc drive was an after thought, or I just have fat fingers :p

Dualsense, shocking battery life. Played 4 or so hours of Ratchet and Clank and down to 1 bar :(.

Last edited:
Soldato
No PS+ for me. Not interested in the fluff that comes with it and not paying for online play. Sony had it right with the ps3, basic online play free, all the extras if you want them locked behind a fee. Don't see why I should pay Sony, to play on servers hosted by other companies or worse, p2p. Then when it's f2p, suddenly it's ok, I can play without playing. Single player games only for me on console, until the fee is dropped.

I got Demon's Soul's as well. That and and ratchet will do me for now.

Whine is a little worse in some of the later more open, probably more demanding area's in Ratchet, but still nothing I would consider excessive. Still need to be pretty much on top of the console and sound off to hear it.

Don't know if I have fat fingers :p , but I find it a little awkward to get the disc out compared to other consoles due to the shape of the white plates, just slightly blocking my finger grabbing the hole in the disc. Nothing major, just seems like maybe the disc drive was an after thought, or I just have fat fingers :p

Dualsense, shocking battery life. Played 4 or so hours of Ratchet and Clank and down to 1 bar :(.
The adaptive triggers drain quite a lot of battery, i turn them off for most games. Because for me most games don't make good use of them and just add to hand fatigue.

Back
Top Bottom