• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
The PS5 did have a very small percentage of consoles bricking themselves in rest most near the launch, i remember seeing threads on Reddit about it.

But for obvious reasons Sony made an announcement and the problem got fixed.

Soldato
Key distribution is random and usually it's too late to sign-up once keys have been distributed - obviously you can still go to the site and register, however there is usually only a single beta key release for each beta.
Occasionally it's phased - the beta to enable the nVME slot had three key distribution phases.

If you're looking for one, if you can be bothered hit the /ps5 sub at Reddit. There is at least one thread where people were posting their keys - it is unlikely each of those have been used 5 times - people tend to drop in, hit the first couple of posts, so anything slightly older and there will be uses left.

Soldato
I've got a PS5 Disc version on the way with an extra black controller.

What are the must play games? I've seen a few, but largely not been looking because PS5 has been fairly hard to get hold of. I got one via a code from my ISP (BT).

HZD and Returnal looked good. Ghost of Tsushima has been on my list a while but I was waiting until I got a PS5 to play it.

I've seen there are several tiers of the PS+ as well, which may be worth signing up for so I can play some of the back catalogue without spending too much on the games immediately.

Soldato
PS Plus Extra would definitely be worth looking into, there's quite a lot on there including some of the exclusives you've mentioned.

Are you looking purely for the exclusives or recommendations in general? Ratchet & Clank and Deathloop are both high on my list, plus the recently-released Stray was an absolute delight.

Soldato
PS Plus Extra would definitely be worth looking into, there's quite a lot on there including some of the exclusives you've mentioned.

Are you looking purely for the exclusives or recommendations in general? Ratchet & Clank and Deathloop are both high on my list, plus the recently-released Stray was an absolute delight.

Mainly good exclusives, but I could see games like Stray being good on the large screen TV. If included in the sub then I'd probably opt to play some games on the PS5 instead of buying them on the PC.

TV supports the newest HDMI 2.2 (I think) standard so 120hz is also possible.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Demon's Souls Remake.

Had an absolute blast playing through it - plays beautifully.

Yeah, its a beautiful game. Its interesting "going back" to the first proper game in the series as well and seeing what they have kept/changed. I would say that its got a few too many BS parts but having just completed Elden Ring, they haven't changed one bit :cry:

Soldato
The only Souls game I was able to get into so far was Sekiro, that game was amazing and very challenging. I've been considering trying out Elden Ring though.
Elden Ring is a bit of both tbh. More freedom in your movements like Sekiro. Everyone should play it it’s a stunning game in every way. I couldn’t finish Sekiro it was too hard for my old reflexes. Got to Genichiro and gave up as I just don’t have the time nor the will to keep banging my head against a boss for 50+ attempts anymore.

Soldato
Elden Ring is a bit of both tbh. More freedom in your movements like Sekiro. Everyone should play it it’s a stunning game in every way. I couldn’t finish Sekiro it was too hard for my old reflexes. Got to Genichiro and gave up as I just don’t have the time nor the will to keep banging my head against a boss for 50+ attempts anymore.

Banging my head on boss fights was half the fun, honestly, but at the time also real frustrating!

Sense of achievement was really good though when I defeated a tough boss, my reflexes aren't amazing but seemed to be enough to get by haha.

Mostly it was about learning patterns, and you could grind up a bit or change where you went sometimes to get extra health.

Soldato
Another PS5 invite but seems these cant be shared anymore, have to login with PSN ID to buy it.

22 August 9.30am to 11am is window, email sent with very short notice and tiny order window.

Back
Top Bottom