**** The Official Pocophone F1 Thread ****

Associate
I was really tempted to go for one of these but few things have put me off.

Price appears to have risen fair bit
Don't like how it is missing even simple things like IR blaster and two sims with sd card support.
The sound quality I found to be very poor from speakers and headphone jack.
White only led

A few others but they are not really much of a deal breaker like the others listed

Caporegime
Digitiser is bit dodgy on mine and quite a few reports online of touch issues. Headphone sound quality seems good. Speaker is a bit quiet, but no worse than my iPhone 6S.

Updates seem frequent though which is a plus.

Soldato
R.E. the above, some of my thoughts after a week of use.

Sound quality wise, from the speaker it's ok, no more terrible than any phone I've heard in person. Over Bluetooth and the headphone jack seems fine to my thick ears.

SIM tray+SD seems an odd decision as it would have cost them pennies to implement and it's on the cheaper end phones.

Notification space is a bummer with the notch, having to slide the top tray down just to see more than battery and time...

R.E. the notification led, I found the Note 4 multicoloured notification LED useless if you have unread email, text, WhatsApp, email and app notifications. It just sat there cycling with me having no more clue as to what I need to know :p One is fine for my needs.

Screen seems very good after a week of use, it's my work phone and private so in use all the time.

Second space on a different finger is amazingly useful.

Battery life is sooo good as I don't need to worry about charging at work. My stopgap phone was a nightmare to manage battery for a day at work and evening out. I can't always charge at work.

Overall very happy with my Pocophone. My mate has the note 6 which is also fine, especially for the price.

Soldato
R.E. the above, some of my thoughts after a week of use.
I echo all of this.

Notifications annoyed me a bit at first but I've actually found I use my phone less as a result. Actually a net positive in my eyes!

Re battery, I sometimes don't even need to worry about charging it at night let alone at work. Had 2 days out of it a number of times :D

Sound quality is fine in my opinion.

Had one of my photos featured by India Poco on Instagram :o Straight screen grab from Insta so RIP quality but portrait mode is awesome
OfSNExL.png

Last edited:
Soldato
I paid more ro get mine direct from Amazon. Previous history with them means excellent warranty and replacement /refund should anything go wrong within 2 years

Associate
I paid more ro get mine direct from Amazon. Previous history with them means excellent warranty and replacement /refund should anything go wrong within 2 years

Cheaper to just buy from non uk and buy insurance for 2 years which covers more.

Amazon are scammers with there pricing models with which is why I refuse to pay the mark up to them and it wouldn't surprise me if they was importing them for cheap then adding that stuff on with it going in their pocket because we all know they don't pay proper tax.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Got mine yesterday .I have gestures enabled but typing is annoying me. The keyboard drops randomly mid sentence. Anybody got a fix?

Associate
Got mine a few days back... loving the phone - but not loving the bluetooth issues im having in my Ford... Anyone else?. Keeps droping reception, and for the love of god it wont download my phone book to the car. Apart from this the phones great!

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Got mine yesterday .I have gestures enabled but typing is annoying me. The keyboard drops randomly mid sentence. Anybody got a fix?
Made this better by dropping long key press delay to 150ms .Still not perfect but it does it less .Guessing it's something to do with the swipe up gestures .

Back
Top Bottom