**** The Official Pocophone F1 Thread ****

Associate
Is this still the best phone at this price point? I can get one for about £230 for the 64GB or £250 for the 128GB.

I appreciate I'm probably asking the wrong people (i.e. pocophone converts) but I wondered is there are phones which have recently come out at roughly this price point which challenge the F1?

Soldato
Anyone having issues with the speakerphone mic on this. Both me and mrs have a pocophone and with Ring app and when calling each other the micrphone is super quite and not picking things up properly. Tested the ring with an old sony and an ipad and its fine.

Soldato
Soldato
Is this still the best phone at this price point? I can get one for about £230 for the 64GB or £250 for the 128GB.

I appreciate I'm probably asking the wrong people (i.e. pocophone converts) but I wondered is there are phones which have recently come out at roughly this price point which challenge the F1?

I don't keep up with phones very much but have had the Redmi Note 3 and Note 4 Pro. Saw this was coming to the UK officially-ish so bought one at £280, excellent buy imo.

All I'd really want for is NFC but that's minor for me. The notch is as pants as other notches, I'd rather they lost some bezel from the bottom and put it use with the top cameras/sensors. Otherwise, performance is top notch.

Caporegime
Another update came out yesterday with Widevine support and also 4k 60FPS.

No issues with upgrade for me.

If you download the upgrade ROM manaually they've hidden the ability to point the update app to it. You have to repeatedly tap the screen to allow it to show the "choose update package" option.

Associate

I'd like to know this too. Any rumors on an F2?

Soldato
Pocophone with AMOLED, triple camera setup and NFC? That's a silly good deal!

Specs are still status to change I'm guessing, pic has a teardrop notch and specs mention motorized camera.

Man of Honour
If its £350ish with 8gb ram and 256gb storage, then it sound like a chuffing bargain.

I think the picture isn't accurate. The rest seems to be reported elsewhere. Although I don't care about the popup camera. They could leave the selfie camera out altogether and I'd be happy.

Caporegime
If its £350ish with 8gb ram and 256gb storage, then it sound like a chuffing bargain.

I think the picture isn't accurate. The rest seems to be reported elsewhere. Although I don't care about the popup camera. They could leave the selfie camera out altogether and I'd be happy.

With an OLED screen, headphone jack and a microSD slot it would be unbeatable.

Soldato
I do like my poco but find that a few apps just don't work well on it and battery isn't as great as it was when I got it. Mine also suffers with some screen bleed but the mrs is fine. So hopefully they up the QC

Caporegime
I do like my poco but find that a few apps just don't work well on it and battery isn't as great as it was when I got it. Mine also suffers with some screen bleed but the mrs is fine. So hopefully they up the QC

Yeah Pie hit the battery quite a bit. I've moved to a Samsumg A70 as I've trashed my Pocophone by accident. The Samsung One UI is better than MIUI.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not getting 2 days out of mine as often as I was but that's at least partly down to me being on my phone more now I work from home :o

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Ok, so I've had the Poco for about a year now but the charger port is a bit dodgy.

I do still love the phone, but if you were to upgrade or get something new, what would you get?

If you're after a Poco F1 sort of budget then it has to be Redmi K20 Pro

Back
Top Bottom