****The Official Road Bicycle Gallery Thread****

Soldato
Finally!

Have you been out on them yet?

Not yet! I had a few things to do today but I had the time to get it installed. Surprised at how easy it all went together. I did manage to break one of the sprocket spacers on my cassette but luckily could borrow one off of my Kickr and will order one to replace that.

I'm a bit nervous about trying them out now but they seem to be not loosing pressure or anything so I will see how they do tomorrow

fez

fez

Caporegime
Not yet! I had a few things to do today but I had the time to get it installed. Surprised at how easy it all went together. I did manage to break one of the sprocket spacers on my cassette but luckily could borrow one off of my Kickr and will order one to replace that.

I'm a bit nervous about trying them out now but they seem to be not loosing pressure or anything so I will see how they do tomorrow

Mine lost pressure for a few weeks but I have put some somewhat old sealant which has sat in a hot shed for a long time.

I do love mine and I assume the 404 will be even better for a lot of stuff.

Soldato
Q0JF6KIkxUBd4kkYXkYy02nV3rJkyO-M_wav3dbEyv9njtAas5iYlmLIcW9uMdz8f4AoUzjOEB8d-WzPwvYOTF1DWwVC7g3K02W-LqqXeFvHmuH1afQ2LGYZLubuexwbmTTrn6OtXqqDDfCcX9mSEwmin8S06WISCDM_W59q-JeDWAkrksJIBeALOEdcyehByLlekXhzNS3tO3Ncr98bDnELylFSR_YA6Djq7Z1ztpAzuTOduRJ6h_k35vbE7kUs0ZIWsNauhMx5ElLmwMKO5aop9VwQMzzNPiqDxq-dP7gLkSEJs9P0pCZ7tTA0mIzcAIw3SyVymHo4hu7LmsZyu3QgbLhyYdFhmA3w7dIKJBOm8_Z33WqUkC53RwDTgeX71SxKnu5eE2JMQb3NlZxE5hwiPsbSBWtmwN4Gb9C3oT_TP-jN3t4MOj7m9-4FMPsmklmEjcxECLVP01V15M97QJDMP8uXeBTkzzXR0NOKr5CQ23_6vpNRB-pac9Vw4KzwOB67n0jxe_FbTyTcvXpkxQxp4pEvQfjsoizVsVyId7ycJtZdvNS5CnuwdUEpfAUvAFKQjBMGxI3Av6rikIIojvkdbSHS0jZ5Plm20GBnwiYYG3NAdTV6J8Xed4sZtAxivqJjgul8Huu_qMxg5A5XWc-OvYZeAtpeQ4WNQm2GmtKGms8Hws1nfI-PCT7XlGS1AQ5zYA3aJzTfkQq4v5OHA655mWyjm2C3kfNjDJlWVZwmJrcTz-BId2kOnTclt-QEzr89MsT-Gp0kRr2qY5p9386TjsLvIJO14DIHipidZpqnB71LsNLurlAPBfG1JLprEXibaG-euw=w2182-h1227-no

Soldato
Mine lost pressure for a few weeks but I have put some somewhat old sealant which has sat in a hot shed for a long time.

I do love mine and I assume the 404 will be even better for a lot of stuff.

Took them out for a ride earlier. I don't really notice the difference in ride quality for tubeless and I didn't feel much faster but I was also tired before I set off and the track was busy so it was hard to really give it some beans. I did feel like when i was around 30-35kmh it was easier to maintain that speed but without a power-meter it's hard to tell if that was true or if it was just the placebo effect of having new wheels.

Will take them for a few more spins this week on different routes and see if I have any times tumbling down. One thing which was immediately noticeable though was the very cool noise they make whilst cycling along.

Associate
I wish you didn't because I'm really jealous! Beautiful.

Thanks, she’s getting on a bit now but she is still super fast, I’ve got Q rings on her now (not the posh power meter ones). I’ll get a current pic up once I change the bar tape… white bar tape looks good but I’m a bit of a mucky pup so they need replacing often :D

Soldato
Yeah I was thinking you're brave for rocking white bar-tape but it does look really, really good! Especially with the white accents on the bike, wheels and saddle.
Is it a Madone? If money was no issue I'd love a Madone or Tarmac but money certainly is an issue and they're too much for my feeble pockets!

Associate
Yeah I was thinking you're brave for rocking white bar-tape but it does look really, really good! Especially with the white accents on the bike, wheels and saddle.
Is it a Madone? If money was no issue I'd love a Madone or Tarmac but money certainly is an issue and they're too much for my feeble pockets!
Yeah madone 2016 frame I’m guessing it’s a 9.8 but I bought the frame set and then the group set when both were on sale, built it myself which was a first for me and a bloody nightmare but a hell of a lot cheaper than buying it pre built.

I’d love to do the same with the new frame trek just dropped, maybe in a few years the frame set might appear at a decent price so I can do it again but I doubt that will happen.

Back
Top Bottom