**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Thread ****

Soldato
Everything seems alittle quicker but that's probably placebo.

After a few days of use I'm convinced the fingerprint reader is markedly improved. It's faster and more reliable. I use it in conjunction with face unlock and the overall experience is now better than faceid on my previous iPhone. Faceid is a little more reliable but the Note 10 makes up for it because I can unlock when the phone is on my desk.

Associate
I spent some time re-capturing my finger prints after the update and now I am finding it very reliable and it's a marked improvement, I can get into banking apps very quickly now.

Decided to re-capture as the Whitestone tempered glass protector I applied to the Note 10+ knocked fingerprint performance back a touch, now it is all sweet, almost on par with the Mi9 my daughter has which was so fast.

Associate
Haven't used a tempered glass since Samsung introduced curved screen edges. Been using plastic screen protectors since the S6. Heard about the Whitestone dome but I just couldn't justify the price. Then I heard about AmFilm which is the same as the Whitestone dome but at a fraction of the price. I bought that and I am very happy with the end result. The fingerprint scanner works as advertised. I have the AmFilm installed both on my Note 10 Plus and my S10 Plus.

Associate
Reading my post again yes it does sound like an ad lol. Sorry, it came off that way but I have to tell people that there exists a good and cheaper alternative to the Whitestone dome.

Associate
I just checked it out on Amazon and the advert says it doesn't work with the fingerprint scanner. It's also an ugly screen protector :p

Sorry, I forgot to mention I bought this from the US rainforest. It is advertised with a working fingerprint sensor. I can't say it's ugly since I don't really notice it installed.

This is the exact name in case anyone is interested:
amFilm Ultra Glass Screen Protector for Galaxy Note 10 Plus 2019, (2 Pack) UV Gel Application, Tempered Glass, Compatible with UltraSonic FingerPrint Scanner for Galaxy Note 10 Plus(2019)

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom