**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 20/Ultra Thread ****

Associate
This might change the future of the Note series in a couple of years

The Galaxy Fold 2 will have S Pen support, according to the leak, but the source doesn’t exactly specify whether this will be true for the cover or foldable display (or both). It apparently enhances the tablet experience, so the source does suggest that pen input will be available particularly for the interior display.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/massive-galaxy-fold-2-specs-leak-s-pen-120hz-foldable-panel/

If that happens i suspect bye bye note series lets face it the s series has been nire on identical bar the s pen lately so it might be true and might also end the note line and the fold would take over as the top premium phone.

Soldato
If that's true about the fold 2, I'd like to know what new flex screen tech is used that can withstand the S-pen, when the current fold's screen can be ruined with your finger nail. And I can't imagine the skinny front screen being enough real estate to satisfy Note users.
We'll just have to wait and see, but I do agree for a couple of generations now the Note hasn't had much over the S series, apart from the S-pen, and maybe Dex.

Soldato
Dpes anyone actualy ever use dex lol ? I know i never have.

I don't but was watching a video the other day. It seems like if I ever wanted to get rid of my PC I could use my Note 10+ as an acceptable stand-in for my personal use. Not that I plan to use a mobile phone as my daily workhorse.

Soldato
I tell you where Dex genuinely came in useful for me was at work. Understandably our work PC's are locked down, can't even access these forums :(
But what I do have access to is dual monitors with hdmi input. So I hooked my S10e up to one of the monitors and used a spare bluetooth keyboard and mouse I had lying around at home. Hey presto ultimate procrastination!

Associate
Dex is excellent.

I have used it sometimes with my Note 9 and it was good.

I have just tried it with the S20 Ultra....

I had my laptop plugged into a 4k monitor on my desk with lightroom on and I had my s20 plugged into a 1080p monitor also running lightroom.

No science behind this but the S20 felt snappier.

My laptop is XPS13 with 8th gen i5 so its not like its slow either.

I was massively sceptical about the S20 ultra due to all the stories about the Exynos being crap but I can't complain! I took it off charge at 6am yesterday morning and it only died at 11.30pm with over 5:30 of SOT and I was actively trying to kill it. The camera is excellent too. you can see the limitations of the large sensor focus wise if you are trying to focus on something reasonably close as the depth of field is shallow but because of this it produces some really nice bokeh.
The Ultrawide is great and the Zoom is really good up to 10x

Associate
Dex is excellent.

I have used it sometimes with my Note 9 and it was good.

I have just tried it with the S20 Ultra....

I had my laptop plugged into a 4k monitor on my desk with lightroom on and I had my s20 plugged into a 1080p monitor also running lightroom.

No science behind this but the S20 felt snappier.

My laptop is XPS13 with 8th gen i5 so its not like its slow either.

I was massively sceptical about the S20 ultra due to all the stories about the Exynos being crap but I can't complain! I took it off charge at 6am yesterday morning and it only died at 11.30pm with over 5:30 of SOT and I was actively trying to kill it. The camera is excellent too. you can see the limitations of the large sensor focus wise if you are trying to focus on something reasonably close as the depth of field is shallow but because of this it produces some really nice bokeh.
The Ultrawide is great and the Zoom is really good up to 10x

I always find if people want to try and find fault in something they generally always will.

Associate
Some rumours

According to the source, the Galaxy Note 20 will have a 6.42-inch display, whereas the Galaxy Note 20+ (not Ultra) will boast a 6.87-inch panel. However, Samsung will apparently maintain last year’s strategy in regards to the pixel count.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-note-20-fold-2-variable-refresh-rate-display-trash-rivals/

According to many leaks there will not be a note 20 ultra(note 20 and note 20 plus)instead as i have already stated there will be a galaxy fold 2 with a pen. i can see this taking over the mote series and might even mean the last note and the fold becoming the new note device.
Lets face it latley the s series has become near on identical to the note series bar the pen. so it kinda makes sense.

Soldato
According to many leaks there will not be a note 20 ultra(note 20 and note 20 plus)instead as i have already stated there will be a galaxy fold 2 with a pen. i can see this taking over the mote series and might even mean the last note and the fold becoming the new note device.
Lets face it latley the s series has become near on identical to the note series bar the pen. so it kinda makes sense.

They will need a hard material to allow Spen use on a folding screens

Caporegime
OP
Samsung Galaxy Note20's display to be capped at 60Hz refresh rate, only Note20+ gets 120Hz
Nice one Samsung, wonder how much they are going to charge for the base model that is seemingly worse than the base S20?

Associate
I hope they don't artificially cripple the smaller one. I want the smaller Note because I like the smaller size, not because I want a cheaper one. Why don't they get this.

I'm sure the smaller Note 20 will still be priced like a flagship.

S10 and S20 both have smaller displays yet retain the QHD+ resolution and high refresh option. Battery life is important but why not let us choose. That's what Android and the Note devices in particular are about. I should be able to decide to use 120hz and QHD+ if I want to whilst at home or on my desk at work where battery life does not matter. I could always drop down to 60hz and FullHD if I need extra battery life at other times.

I hope the rumours are not true.

Back
Top Bottom