**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 20/Ultra Thread ****

Associate
No need for 16GB but another reason to bump up the price.

I must say the visual leaks are underwhelming but then not sure what I was expecting beyond 120hz & S20 Ultra cameras.

I may consider the Fold 2 in Sept when my Samsung exchange program is due, but only if it comes with S-pen & screens not made of soft plastic a fingernail can wreck.

Soldato
The Galaxy Note 20+ will share some camera specifications with the Galaxy S20 series, but exactly what specs will be common across both smartphone lineups remains to be seen. However, leakster Ice Universe claims to have acquired new information regarding the Galaxy Note 20+ model’s camera in particular. The information shared on Weibo claims that Samsung’s next S Pen flagship will indeed have a periscope-type camera module, but it won’t be capable of achieving 100x zoom.

If this information is correct, the periscope lenses employed by the Galaxy Note 20+ will not be paired with the same 48MP sensor used by the Galaxy S20 Ultra. Instead, the periscope-type system will be accompanied by the 13MP ISOCELL Slim 3M5 1/3″ sensor with WDR (wide dynamic range) support. This combo will apparently achieve a maximum hybrid zoom of 50x.

The ISOCELL Slim 3M5 sensor has 1.0um pixels, PDAF, smart WDR, and it’s capable of 120fps video recordings. It has an operating temperature of -20 to +70 degrees Celsius, and can output images in RAW10 format.

ISOCELL Bright HM1 and Fast 2L3 sensor are also included
Aside from the ISOCELL Slim 3M5 sensor with periscope-style lenses, the Galaxy Note 20+ camera setup could also feature an ISOCELL Bright HM1 108MP sensor – same as the Galaxy S20 Ultra. The source reiterates this module will no longer be assisted by a ToF sensor as Samsung could be ditching this feature for the Galaxy Note 20. In its place, a laser autofocus system will assist the ISOCELL Bright HM1.

The third and final camera module on the back of the Galaxy Note 20+ would be based on an ultra-wide 12MP ISOCELL Fast 2L3 1/2.55″ sensor with 1.4um pixels, Dual Pixel PDAF, and smart WDR support. It can achieve slow-motion recording of up to 1440fps (cropped 720p), and it can output RAW10 and RAW8 (via DPCM/PCM compression) formats.

All in all, Samsung might be pushing its new camera system to a new level and correct the issues marring the Galaxy S20 Ultra with this new setup. For now, 100x zoom is somewhat of a gimmick rather than an actual useful feature, and 50x is probably enough for any practical uses. The inclusion of a new Dual Pixel PDAF ultra-wide sensor and the switch from ToF to laser autofocus should also be welcomed.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-note-20-50x-zoom-laser-autofocus-new-ultra-wide-sensor/

Last edited:
Soldato
The screen curve is hardly noticeable, especially when comparing to phones like the OPO7/8 and Huawei p30 Pro

I disagree completely. I'm often triggering phantom touches when trying to use the Note 10 one handed in bed. I'm getting exhausted of it, enough to considering moving to Apple if their new flagships are flat screened.

Hopefully Apple doing it causes a copycat cascade and it ends this stupidity.

Soldato
Have you held the phones I mentioned? Perhaps your issue is because the note 10 (I'm talking about the note 10+) is wider.

In anycase I've had my note 10+ 5g since preorder and had no issues, my next phone will either be the note 20+ or pixel 5 because I miss that camera.

Soldato
Have you held the phones I mentioned? Perhaps your issue is because the note 10 (I'm talking about the note 10+) is wider.

In anyway, I've had my note 10+ 5g since preorder and had no issues my next phone will either be the note 20+ or pixel 5

I haven't. I'm not interested in the Chinese phones, and knowing that their screens are even worse is enough to put me off them.

Flat, please!

Soldato
A few weeks ago we talked about the strong possibility that the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra – then known as the Galaxy Note 20+ – will be equipped with a 108MP camera. This feature has now been unofficially confirmed by @rquandt on Twitter, who has an excellent track record when it comes to revealing unannounced devices and/or upcoming features.

Although we were all aware of the possibility that the top-tier Galaxy Note 20 model will employ a 108MP sensor, the source now claims that he’s seen hard evidence of its existence. It remains unclear whether this particular 108MP sensor for the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra will be the same ISOCELL Bright HM1 found on the back of the Galaxy S20 Ultra or an updated version like the rumored ISOCELL Bright HM2.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-note-20-ultra-reconfirmed-108mp-camera/

Soldato
Given that rumours suggest Apple will hold the price of their Pro range, are we really going to see Samsung go it alone with a £1299 base price for the Note?

It would be nice to see them rein in the price rises, though the S20 Ultra was apparently a comparatively big seller, so maybe Samsung will see that as a green light for another price bump.

Caporegime
I've got a Note 8 but am planning on going Chinese for my next big phone. Samsung's prices have gone beyond my means when it comes to premium phones and having recently elected to opt for a cheap Chinese smart watch and bluetooth headphones, I'm thoroughly happy and am hoping the same will be true of my next phone.

Soldato
The phone looks good but that colour is pants.
Why don't Samsung bring out vibrant colours, Canary yellow on the S10e was fantastic.
I will pre order as soon as available just hope there are better colours than this.

I liked the blue Note 9 and aura of the Note 10+ I must admit I'm a sucker for s-pen

But if going to cost a kidney then I'm out

Back
Top Bottom