• Lavender Purple 128GB Dual Sim

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ocean Blue 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Midnight Black 512GB Dual Sim

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
5G no use to me for the foreseeable future (location) besides be few years before widespread and I'd have a new phone by then anyway :p

Yup seeing the state of 4G around me and UK speeds in general this is a technology I'm not particularly excited about. Hence why I would not like to be paying extra for it, if it comes as standard in the next phone.

Soldato
OP
Yup seeing the state of 4G around me and UK speeds in general this is a technology I'm not particularly excited about. Hence why I would not like to be paying extra for it, if it comes as standard in the next phone.

Yes I'd been better with 2 poly cups and string sometimes even tho I could see the mast . I'd be happy with 4G everywhere for now

Soldato
Soldato
∆∆∆

I have exactly the same on my note 9. It's one of the best glass screen protectors I've come across. Feels fantastic, s-pen works great and seems very resistant to finger prints.

The only thing I would do different on application is use sticky tape right at the edge of the glass, because the over spill can get into the seem and the UV light will set it in there. I've got a couple of small spots with it in, but only visible with a torch.

Soldato
OP
Just got the Bixby button remap via galaxy store

https://www.sammobile.com/2019/02/28/samsung-bixby-key-remapping-older-flagships/

Remap Bixby key on older flagships

Once the update is installed from the Galaxy Store, just go to Advanced features in the Settings app followed by Bixby key. You will be presented with two options. You can either set a third-party app to launch with a single or double press of the key.

The caveat here is that you can only select one option. So either a single or double press can be remapped, not both. The option you don’t select will continue to launch Bixby Home. A long press will always bring up Bixby Voice.

This compromise means that users don’t just disable the Bixby key entirely and never open Bixby Home. By allowing them to remap a key press, Samsung is ensuring that Bixby Home doesn’t get shut out by users for good.

You can try this out for yourself on the Galaxy Note 9, Note 8, Galaxy S9 and the Galaxy S8 series. We have and the feature works as expected.

Soldato
Nice, that's useful.

Does anyone know of a setting to disable this really annoying 'feature'? If I place my phone in my wireless charger, the screen turns on (lock screen rather than always on clock) really brightly. It's super annoying as say I check my alarm when the bedroom lights are off, it basically illuminates the room for 15s or so unless I manually the press the power button which is awkward.

Associate
Just got the Bixby button remap via galaxy store

https://www.sammobile.com/2019/02/28/samsung-bixby-key-remapping-older-flagships/

Remap Bixby key on older flagships

Once the update is installed from the Galaxy Store, just go to Advanced features in the Settings app followed by Bixby key. You will be presented with two options. You can either set a third-party app to launch with a single or double press of the key.

The caveat here is that you can only select one option. So either a single or double press can be remapped, not both. The option you don’t select will continue to launch Bixby Home. A long press will always bring up Bixby Voice.

This compromise means that users don’t just disable the Bixby key entirely and never open Bixby Home. By allowing them to remap a key press, Samsung is ensuring that Bixby Home doesn’t get shut out by users for good.

You can try this out for yourself on the Galaxy Note 9, Note 8, Galaxy S9 and the Galaxy S8 series. We have and the feature works as expected.
I cannot find it in the store?

Associate
Nice, that's useful.

Does anyone know of a setting to disable this really annoying 'feature'? If I place my phone in my wireless charger, the screen turns on (lock screen rather than always on clock) really brightly. It's super annoying as say I check my alarm when the bedroom lights are off, it basically illuminates the room for 15s or so unless I manually the press the power button which is awkward.

Yes, I had this on my S8+

For me I had to go into settings > security > Face Recognition > input pattern/pin > then you should see an option called Brighten Screen, turn that off

It makes the screen super bright in the dark so it can detect your face better however, as you found it's really annoying and i just use the fingerprint sensor or pattern to unlock if it's too dark for my face.

Soldato
Yes, I had this on my S8+

For me I had to go into settings > security > Face Recognition > input pattern/pin > then you should see an option called Brighten Screen, turn that off

It makes the screen super bright in the dark so it can detect your face better however, as you found it's really annoying and i just use the fingerprint sensor or pattern to unlock if it's too dark for my face.

Thanks, will see if that works later.

Soldato
OP
Good Lock with Android Pie and One UI support coming March 8
Samsung will soon push out an update to Good Lock that will make it fully compatible with Android Pie and One UI. When the One UI beta was released for the Galaxy S9 last year, many were disappointed to see that most of Good Lock’s plugins and apps failed to run properly. The development team had already said they’d be working on making Good Lock compatible with Pie, and it looks like the new version will be released on March 8 (this Friday).

https://www.sammobile.com/2019/03/05/good-lock-android-pie-one-ui-support-march-8/

Soldato
Anyone had problems with their stylus? My sister just messaged me saying she went to pull it out of the phone and only quarter came out with the rest of it still stuck in the phone.

Seeing her history with damaging phones I'm just inclined to think she damaged it and put it inside the phone, but there do appear to be some reports of damaged styluses online?

Any ideas how to get it out now?

Soldato
OP
Anyone had problems with their stylus? My sister just messaged me saying she went to pull it out of the phone and only quarter came out with the rest of it still stuck in the phone.

Seeing her history with damaging phones I'm just inclined to think she damaged it and put it inside the phone, but there do appear to be some reports of damaged styluses online?

Any ideas how to get it out now?

You could try this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN8xKHyqn08

Back
Top Bottom