**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Associate
Surely it's their problem since they didn't notice upon initial inspection ?

You would think so. I pointed out to the sales rep when I picked it up that it did not say it was cracked when it was booked in on the computer to which he said 'It doesn't say wasn't cracked'. As things were going downhill rapidly he stalked off into a back room and we left it that I'd see the manager next day.

So saw the manager yesterday. Although he was somewhat more sensible than the rep mentioned above I didn't really get anywhere. I'll post a photo but it seemed it was possible for the two reps that examined it and booked it to have missed the cracks - as well as myself BTW. There was a lot of head scratching and they'd never had a phone returned cracked in 15 years and so on. They're shipped in a soft pouch which to me didn't look like it would give a lot of protection if dropped or whatever. I suggested they replaced the back but he said it would cost ME £240. I did point out you can buy a glass back on ebay for S9+ for £7-95 though of course it is to fit. He said that if the phone was opened to replace the glass back then that would void the warranty. Fact it was already voided because of the glass back cracked never occurred to him. There are firms that will replace the back for around £60, some more some less. I suggested a trade and he offered me £40 for my S9+ .... because it was damaged :mad: (though I knew that one was coming). They didn't seem to have rounded up the reps who booked it and seemed not to have spoken to them - assuming they remembered anything.

The manager wasn't unsympathetic but seemed to have no more discretion to do anything than the person who swept the floor. Eventually all he could do was advise me to make a complaint to head office. He would put a note on the computer outlining what had happened and will now do that and see what comes back. Now looking at the photo is it possible for myself and two reps to not see the cracks prior to sending it off on a warranty claim? The claim was for a problem with the camera lens.

x03Fz4P.jpg

Soldato
Is this at CPW? The right thing of course would be to give you the benefit of the doubt (since their staff shouldn’t have sent off a damaged phone, therefore it’s reasonable to think it wasn’t damaged when you handed it over), since I’m now thinking to myself that CPW isn’t a place I’d like to do business with. Maybe other people reading the thread are thinking the same thing.

If you’d posted about a positive “let’s get this sorted for you” attitude, I’d be thinking the opposite.

Cheap attitude means a cheap business.

Associate
Is this at CPW? The right thing of course would be to give you the benefit of the doubt (since their staff shouldn’t have sent off a damaged phone, therefore it’s reasonable to think it wasn’t damaged when you handed it over), since I’m now thinking to myself that CPW isn’t a place I’d like to do business with. Maybe other people reading the thread are thinking the same thing.

If you’d posted about a positive “let’s get this sorted for you” attitude, I’d be thinking the opposite.

Cheap attitude means a cheap business.

Yes it is CPW and there is nothing positive from those idiots. They would do nothing for me and were zero help. I'm an honest person (though you only have my word) and if the glass had been damaged I'm not short of £60 to £100 to get the glass replaced myself. I'm no idiot and know that if I took a phone in for repair under warranty with cracked glass there is going to be a problem. I for sure would have noticed the damage and am 100% sure the two guys who examined and booked it would not have noticed as they carefully examined it. The store was empty and they had nothing to do hence they both looked after me.

I've had a computer records problem with them in the very distant past but the few times I've dealt with them of late has been positive though I've only bought the Galaxy S9+ off them sim free and nothing else. My phone contract is direct with Voda. The Tech Guys did repair the camera under warranty a while back but one lens soon seemed to get dust on it internally hence returning through them for repair. I'll no longer deal with Carphone. I'm not backing down and repairing it myself. I'm in the process of complaining to CPW.

On that subject is it worth going through these guys https://www.resolver.co.uk Not come across them and was thinking of writing direct? Resolver may hound the right people quicker than I could?

Soldato
So yeah, battery life wise I'm just hitting 3 hours SoT with my S10e before 15% warning.

Not sure if it's an issue with Three signal or the May update that I got on my phone few days after getting the phone when I was running an O2 sim.

Soldato
That sounds pretty terrible tbh.

Definitely is and a bit gutted as I love the phone. I do think it's that infamous LTE drain and possibly issue with poor Three signal (need WiFi calling at home and 4G isn't great with them outside). Hammered the phone this morning at home on the WiFi and only lost 20% for hour and a half of SoT.

When I leave the house and go on 4G, it's just a pretty consistent 3 hours SoT before the 15% warning. My S7 Edge could easily do 5 and a half to 6 hours SoT on Three and that was only a couple of months ago.

Associate
So yeah, battery life wise I'm just hitting 3 hours SoT with my S10e before 15% warning.

That is pretty insane, I haven't really had a lot of SoT with mine thus far but it seems okay but could definitely be better!

If it is that problem hopefully they actually roll out a fix soon! Even with the smallish battery we should be seeing better. What sort of brightness do you go for?

Soldato
That is pretty insane, I haven't really had a lot of SoT with mine thus far but it seems okay but could definitely be better!

If it is that problem hopefully they actually roll out a fix soon! Even with the smallish battery we should be seeing better. What sort of brightness do you go for?

Just adaptive brightness, rarely use bluetooth, NFC off, AoD changed to tap only, Bixby just about turned off.

Think it's the Exynos issue that some people mentioned, on WiFi the battery seems to provide twice the life. Definitely disappointing when my S7 Edge provided close to twice the battery life with same network and under same usage scenario.

Soldato
I mentioned a page or two back that I was having really bad drain a couple of weeks ago. Device care was saying Google Play Services was the culprit. I tried a data/cache clear and it seemed to help a bit. However since I got the June update it's been excellent, just like new. So possibly could be a May update issue.
Also don't dismiss the seasonal temperatures. Phones really don't like heat so that is always going to hit the battery.
I've also found it will drain 10-12% overnight regardless of whether the AOD is enabled or not so I just keep it on all the time, may as well make use of the feature as it's having a negligible impact.

Soldato
You would think so. I pointed out to the sales rep when I picked it up that it did not say it was cracked when it was booked in on the computer to which he said 'It doesn't say wasn't cracked'. As things were going downhill rapidly he stalked off into a back room and we left it that I'd see the manager next day.

So saw the manager yesterday. Although he was somewhat more sensible than the rep mentioned above I didn't really get anywhere. I'll post a photo but it seemed it was possible for the two reps that examined it and booked it to have missed the cracks - as well as myself BTW. There was a lot of head scratching and they'd never had a phone returned cracked in 15 years and so on. They're shipped in a soft pouch which to me didn't look like it would give a lot of protection if dropped or whatever. I suggested they replaced the back but he said it would cost ME £240. I did point out you can buy a glass back on ebay for S9+ for £7-95 though of course it is to fit. He said that if the phone was opened to replace the glass back then that would void the warranty. Fact it was already voided because of the glass back cracked never occurred to him. There are firms that will replace the back for around £60, some more some less. I suggested a trade and he offered me £40 for my S9+ .... because it was damaged :mad: (though I knew that one was coming). They didn't seem to have rounded up the reps who booked it and seemed not to have spoken to them - assuming they remembered anything.

The manager wasn't unsympathetic but seemed to have no more discretion to do anything than the person who swept the floor. Eventually all he could do was advise me to make a complaint to head office. He would put a note on the computer outlining what had happened and will now do that and see what comes back. Now looking at the photo is it possible for myself and two reps to not see the cracks prior to sending it off on a warranty claim? The claim was for a problem with the camera lens.

Seems like one of them or whoever they outsource it to dropped/broke it trying to open it. If it was me I would just start sending out complaints and start small claims/moneyclaim on them.

Soldato
I mentioned a page or two back that I was having really bad drain a couple of weeks ago. Device care was saying Google Play Services was the culprit. I tried a data/cache clear and it seemed to help a bit. However since I got the June update it's been excellent, just like new. So possibly could be a May update issue.
Also don't dismiss the seasonal temperatures. Phones really don't like heat so that is always going to hit the battery.
I've also found it will drain 10-12% overnight regardless of whether the AOD is enabled or not so I just keep it on all the time, may as well make use of the feature as it's having a negligible impact.

I'm still on May so hoping it's that because it's a little pants now as it stands. Google Play services is only using a couple percent, Android System and Android OS take up the highest usage with Device Idle and Cell Standby not far behind.

Right now I'm on 34% with 4h18m but that's mostly with WiFi on.

Associate
I'm still on May so hoping it's that because it's a little pants now as it stands. Google Play services is only using a couple percent, Android System and Android OS take up the highest usage with Device Idle and Cell Standby not far behind.

Right now I'm on 34% with 4h18m but that's mostly with WiFi on.

Is there any reason you are still on the May one?

Associate
Seems like one of them or whoever they outsource it to dropped/broke it trying to open it. If it was me I would just start sending out complaints and start small claims/moneyclaim on them.

Started a complaint to their head office for starters. Hopefully that will be enough to resolve. Time will tell...

Associate
Started a complaint to their head office for starters. Hopefully that will be enough to resolve. Time will tell...

Could always make a fuss on social media, companies tend to work things out quicker that way imo. Whenever i've tweeted about issues they always seem to want to resolve them quickly!

Associate
Not available for my build yet.
Looks like my phone is actually 3 branded, have a splash screen although worked fine with O2 sim.

I'm on EE, still no June update for my S10.

Oh that's crap! Would have thought they wouldn't be holding back things like security updates because of carrier branding, hopefully you both won't have to wait too much longer!

Associate
Oh that's crap! Would have thought they wouldn't be holding back things like security updates because of carrier branding, hopefully you both won't have to wait too much longer!

Fortunately I'm not having any battery issues or anything and waiting on it to solve any issues! But of course it would be nice to get those little improvements a bit quicker.

Is there anything significant in the June update in terms of features? Or just security and bug fixes?

Back
Top Bottom