**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Associate
reverted back to pattern unlock today. FPR is really disappointing on my S10 and put simply, not as good as my old OnePlus 3 - a 3 year old device.

pattern unlock doesn't feel too 'legacy' yet, especially with trusted places enabled for home and workplace. just hope it doesn't kill the battery too much (TP requires GPS).

i'll probably re-register my fingerprints and try again when I cba but hopefully Samsung can still improve it with software updates:(

It is a shame that the S10 doesn't use the same power button FPS as the S10e, it's really good! I guess they wanted it to be more flagship and have an in-screen sensor instead.

Associate
Just ordered a S10 plus. What cases are people recommending? Ideally something thing that doesn't bulk it up but still offers some protection.

Can't wait to get it. Coming from a pixel 2 so hoping to see some improvements in my day to day use.

Soldato
Just ordered a S10 plus. What cases are people recommending? Ideally something thing that doesn't bulk it up but still offers some protection.

Can't wait to get it. Coming from a pixel 2 so hoping to see some improvements in my day to day use.
Can't go wrong with anything by Spigen and some of their range is currently on sale over at the rainforest. I bought a couple of cases for my S10e today.

Associate
Can't go wrong with anything by Spigen and some of their range is currently on sale over at the rainforest. I bought a couple of cases for my S10e today.

Thanks - ordered this and it arrives tomorrow.

Really impressed with the phone. Feels like a big jump up from the Pixel 2.

Does it have a screen protector attached when it arrives? Mine had all the plastic around it as they always do but the one on the screen is on perfectly with no bubbles and looks more like a permanent screen protector rather than 'packaging' to protect it whilst it's in the box.

Associate
Does it have a screen protector attached when it arrives? Mine had all the plastic around it as they always do but the one on the screen is on perfectly with no bubbles and looks more like a permanent screen protector rather than 'packaging' to protect it whilst it's in the box.

Have a Spigen case on mine, does the job well.

There is a film/plastic screen protector from factory but it's not that great; I scratched mine in the first couple of days so moved to a glass one. However, that's pretty crap and i'll be trying some other brands soon.

Soldato
Actually got the June update yesterday but the battery is as awful as ever today on LTE, especially since I wasn't near a charger for once.

Haven't had a chance yet to try BTU firmware as been quite busy.

Soldato
Starting to think there isn't a cure for my battery life and I just have that fabled LTE drain no matter what I do because Exynos.

Three fobbed me off to Samsung and Samsung just fobbed me off with infuriatingly useless support. One piece of advice they actually gave me is carry a power bank with me.

There isn't much I can replace this with though in the meantime, already returned P30 Pro and Xperia 1. Also was very happy to get the headphone jack back which massively limits my choices. Upcoming Note is dropping it and Pixel 4 more than likely won't bring it back.

Not much else available in this smaller format, almost toying with the idea of offloading this and getting a Snapdragon variant.

Gutted really as I love everything about this phone but 3 hours SoT before hitting a battery warning is pathetic for a phone that's a month old. My S7 Edge was giving me that when battery was on its last legs after 2 years and then back up almost 6 SoT when it got replaced.

Soldato
Starting to think there isn't a cure for my battery life and I just have that fabled LTE drain no matter what I do because Exynos.

Three fobbed me off to Samsung and Samsung just fobbed me off with infuriatingly useless support. One piece of advice they actually gave me is carry a power bank with me.

There isn't much I can replace this with though in the meantime, already returned P30 Pro and Xperia 1. Also was very happy to get the headphone jack back which massively limits my choices. Upcoming Note is dropping it and Pixel 4 more than likely won't bring it back.

Not much else available in this smaller format, almost toying with the idea of offloading this and getting a Snapdragon variant.

Gutted really as I love everything about this phone but 3 hours SoT before hitting a battery warning is pathetic for a phone that's a month old. My S7 Edge was giving me that when battery was on its last legs after 2 years and then back up almost 6 SoT when it got replaced.

Sorry, not read your previous replies, but have you tried a factory reset?

Soldato

It must be faulty or there's something else. If it's "because exynos" then we'd all have it.

We don't.. it's just beyond obvious

Soldato
Only explanation I'm getting from the internet for S10 battery drain issues as I have tried all the usual methods, including factory resets, etc.

I run relatively barebones app setup as well, rarely have my bluetooth on, NFC is off, switch off WiFi/4G when I'm not using it and so on.

Looks like need to press Three and Samsung a bit more as they just fob me off with, "have you tried restarting your device" nonsense.

Associate
Anybody getting the reboot bug?

My phone just starting to reboot quite often whilst i would be playing a game (4 times in an hour) so I googled it and found some tips. One was to wipe the cache partition. That worked and I didnt suffer the problem for another month but now its started again and tue partion wipe just doesn't work.

Any advice? All the other options seems a bit more extreme ie. Factory reset etc.

Soldato
Only explanation I'm getting from the internet for S10 battery drain issues as I have tried all the usual methods, including factory resets, etc.

I run relatively barebones app setup as well, rarely have my bluetooth on, NFC is off, switch off WiFi/4G when I'm not using it and so on.

Looks like need to press Three and Samsung a bit more as they just fob me off with, "have you tried restarting your device" nonsense.
What about Location settings? I'm purely thinking out loud but if you have all your wireless settings off then maybe something is trying to force location pin pointing onto the GPS?
Another thought, what if you ran Airplane mode for a while and checked what that did? If your battery issues are replicated then you could rule out your WIFI/4G..? I'm on the Exynos variant and have no battery issues apart from a 2 week spell I mentioned further back on here that was rectified by a Google Services cache wipe along with the June update.

Last edited:
Soldato
I already know that battery life is double, if not a little more on WiFi (7+ hours SoT) compared to mobile data (barely 3.5 hours). Android System and Android OS tend to follow SoT in battery usage and Cell Standby also tends to be high up.

I did see your post about Google Services but it's normally in the bottom end of battery usage (still cleared cache). I was thinking poor reception with Three but then again just a month prior my S7 Edge was pushing close to 6 hours SoT with them and same usage.

Think I'll just have to waste a lot of time with Samsung support now until they start replacing things.

Soldato
I already know that battery life is double, if not a little more on WiFi (7+ hours SoT) compared to mobile data (barely 3.5 hours). Android System and Android OS tend to follow SoT in battery usage and Cell Standby also tends to be high up.

I did see your post about Google Services but it's normally in the bottom end of battery usage (still cleared cache). I was thinking poor reception with Three but then again just a month prior my S7 Edge was pushing close to 6 hours SoT with them and same usage.

Think I'll just have to waste a lot of time with Samsung support now until they start replacing things.
I have appalling reception at where I live. I have dual sim with O2 and Vodafone - both regularly flit between no bars and one bar of signal and I can't say I've noticed them responsible for battery drain.
It's certainly a conundrum.

Associate
It's crap that you're still experiencing it :( I'm not overly enamoured with the battery life on mine but it's certainly not that bad.

Just spitballing here, but do you have any ability to try out another sim for the day to see if you get the same issue? It probably isn't even possible for it to be a sim issue, but just wondered if a faulty sim with poor connectivity could cause the issue!

Soldato
Received an S10+ last week from eglobal, it’s the G9750 Snapdragon variant and came with official uk plug already in the box and sealed from factory.

Arrived in 13 days.

Compared to the exynos it’s a whole different beast. Battery is really good and it just feels so much better to use.

Everything works on 3 (WiFi calling, VoLTE etc)

Paid £575 for it delivered, absolute bargain. The price went lower to £560 briefly but now it’s gone up to £619.

Soldato
I am losing the will to live with Android :( Since last week my Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones keep powering down almost immediately once they connect to my S10e via Bluetooth.

The headphones will stay powered on and connected all the time when I use them with my work iPhone. Has anyone else experienced this?

Soldato
I am losing the will to live with Android :( Since last week my Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones keep powering down almost immediately once they connect to my S10e via Bluetooth.

The headphones will stay powered on and connected all the time when I use them with my work iPhone. Has anyone else experienced this?
Zero issues with any android phone this year. Including an S10+

Back
Top Bottom